Chapter 2 - Rituals and hunger

I sat in the car, my father had driven me to the ritual. He helped me get inside, then he left. I was allowed here alone. It may have been risky but not only is this Sweden, there's really not much to worry about but I also know self defense. I'm a girl after all.

I got inside and soon enough the ritual started. The ghouls and papa got up on stage and started the ritual.

During the middle of it I felt something. It was as if a fiery passion had awaken from years of slumber. As if my mind, heart, body and soul had been set on fire and dipped in a strange potion of some sort. My head hurt, but it was probably just because of the loud music. I was on the 3rd-ish row. We were standing up, so it wasn't exact. Some ghouls looked at me and I cheered. I think it was Omega and Water, but I'm not quite sure.

All of a sudden my entire body went terribly hot. As if I had been dipped in wax, then set on fire. It hurt and stung. Then it became normal. Then It got extremely cold. As if I had been left on a snow pile. This lasted for a moment, then it went away. Some band members seem to have noticed it, but they didn't make a big deal out of it.

The next day I woke up with a killer headache, it made sense though. The music was very loud, but so worth it. It was almost magical. I decided to take a walk after breakfast to clear my head.

I ate some toast with butter and jam for breakfast then I got dressed. Just a pair of oversized jeans and a black t-shirt with a black and white unbuttoned flannel shirt. Then I went outside.

As I was walking I felt extremely relaxed. It was as if all my worries had flown away. Not as if they existed in the first place. I was on break right now. I was walking and thinking to myself as I saw something in the corner of my eye. I could smell it too.

A small bird, a pigeon. It looked so beautiful with it's gray wings and white stripe around it's neck. I'd usually appreciate it's simple beauty and peace, but not right now. I felt something else instead of adoration.

Hunger, Lust. That was all I felt. My mind was clouded as I made sure nobody was around to see what would happen next.

WARNING, GORE AND VIOLENCE, PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

I pounced. I grabbed the pigeon before it had a chance to escape. My mind was only filled with hunger. A need to kill.
I bit into the pigeons neck with my canines until i heard a snap and the bird stopped struggling. I was shocked for a second, but after that i didn't "feel" anything.

I tore my prey to shreds with my bare teeth. Ripping off feathers and bone until i reached what I wanted. Flesh. Some feathers came in my mouth but I didn't care. All i cared about was devouring the avian. The blood splashed on my tongue as I kept chewing. Hoping to satisfy my hunger.

GORE END.

After finishing eating until all that was left was feathers, bone and blood I panicked. What if someone saw?! What had I just done to that poor bird?! What was wrong with me?!

I ran into the woods. I didn't want to run into anyone and everyone was luckily scared of these woods because of an incident a few years back. A young girl, only five years or so had gone in here with her dog. She never came home, all that was found in the woods was a piece of skin and a bit of bones. Even the dog was dead. The culprit or reason for their deaths was never caught or discovered.

I kept running, trees hitting me and scratching my pale skin. I started bleeding, but it was the least of what I deserved.

All of a sudden I stopped out of clean instinct. I looked around as I smelled something..or someone.

Someone like me.