Chapter 14 - A seven inch vinyl

a/n : I was relaxing in my bed when I remembered, shit, I have a fanfic to write ;-;
I'm sorry that the chapter is a bit short, but chapters come in all kinds of different lengths! I'll hopefully be done with the next chapter soon enough, thank you for your patience!

- Crash

The leaves had completely fallen from the trees outside of the ministry. They piled up on every path, some small critter probably deciding they were a great nest.

Every day passing by I'd become a better singer and guitar player. However, gaining skill also increased the teasing from my older peers. It had once gone so far as some older ghoul, a servant of Papa Emeritus III, had gotten ahold of information about my parents.

Turns out that they decided to move across the globe now that I was out of their lives.
They had apparently asked my higher ups to not contact them about me, but they had sent all of my belongings to the ministry, which I ended up receiving a few days after this ghoul telling me. They sent me everything I'd ever owned, except for most furniture, that is.

The ghoul didn't just tell me though. He told the entire group of ghouls and the entire ministry. So now I was known as the "orphaned ghoulette who couldn't even get three mortals to like her".

I fucking hated it.

My upset mind let to more and more "midnight crying sessions" featuring Rain. Well, usually Rain. Sometimes Cirrus or Cumulus would come to calm me down. They would embrace me while I'd just let myself cry. This now happened so often that either Rain, Cirrus or Cumulus would pass by my room to check on me, which I greatly appreciated.

———————————————————————-

I had class, recital, practice. Whatever you'd like to call it.
I entered the room where I would meet my vocal coach. A ghoul around my height, he wore glasses outside of his mask, which made him look adorable. He was also a huge fan of the band. An earth ghoul by the name Fern.

I saw him there waiting for me. He seemed...excited, I think?

"STARDUST!", he said excitedly. "YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT I FOUND!" He was practically doing bunny hops at this point, his grin going from ear to ear, flashing his sharp fangs.

I giggled. "What did you find?" I said, making my voice be slightly higher pitched than usual.

He walked forwards which was when I noticed that he was holding something behind his back. "So I was looking through some old band things and I think you'll like what I found~" He held a 7" vinyl in front of him. The paper cover had a print of some odd goat-skeleton-smokey-cloak thing. It looked pretty 70's, vintage.

"Ooo, what's that?" I asked my friend. "It's the two very first songs that Ghost ever created. It's called 'Seven inches of satanic panic'. " Fern rambled on excitedly.

We ended up playing the record. There we're two songs. One called 'Kiss the go-goat' and another called 'Mary on a Cross'. We listened to them both, deciding that song I would start off by singing would be the first track, but that I'd sing the second one after.

The song wasn't too hard to sing, really. The hardest parts were getting out of my 'protective social shell' and not being afraid to dance around and express myself through my voice and my movement.
It still ended up being very fun.

After practice Fern even decided to lend me the vinyl and a record player. The second song, Mary on a Cross, really struck a chord for me. Almost reopening scars of past trauma which I'd already expected were healed.
I was almost addicted to the feeling.