11.

Harry

I had tried working while Will took a nap but I just could not focus long enough to do something right. So I ended up sitting with my laptop for hours, just scrolling up and down my emails, episode after episode of a sitcom playing in the background.

I had dreamed of this moment. Of having Will back in my life, to have Will be in my home and in my bed but I could not stop worrying about him, how he had shown up to the gallery drenched, clothes sticking to him and his eyes red like he had been crying.

I wondered what happened and who the fuck I was going to choke to death for making my boy feel this way. I let out a groan and took the laptop off the pillow resting on my lap. I got up, tossing said pillow to the side before making my way to the kitchen.

I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and gulped the entire thing down, squeezing the bottle tightly when I was done.

There were only two people who I knew that could cause such a strong reaction with Will. He was so strong and ready to snap back at people who deserved it, who underestimated him or did not respect him. He was always a fighter. Always on guard but when it came to his family. . . they always seemed to know what to say or do to make him sink into himself.

And I'll be damned if I will let it go for much longer.

The sound of a door being shut echoed caught my attention. I tossed the bottle into the recycle bin and hurried out just in time to see Will coming down the stairs. Gone were the rainbow clothes and now he had on one of my plain jumpers and my sweatpants. They were curled at his ankles and at his waist.

I held out my arms and he just ran down the stairs and into them. I held him tight, pressing kisses to the side of his head. Thankfully, he doesn't cry but just holds on to me instead. We stay that way for a while and then he pulls away.

"Are you okay, Will?" I asked as I ran my hand down his hair.

"I'm better now. Thank you for bringing me here. Your home is lovely." he said, a dusting of pink on his cheeks.

"Want me to give you a tour, darling?" I asked and he nodded.

I took his hand in mine as I showed him every part of my home. A home that I had actually bought with him in mind. While we had been dating, we used to talk about our future and I had kept everything we had said, especially things Will said in my mind. He wanted a three bedroom home with a small where our kids could play, a big kitchen for whenever he wanted to experiment with cooking and baking, no home office for either of us so we could focus on the kids and our actual private life, a semi-long driver with a remote control gate and a house where the neighboring houses were not too close and with a lot of trees.

As I took him around the house, his eyes lit up with joy and I knew what he was thinking. He was probably thinking it was just like how he described his dream home. And he would be right. I had bought his dream house.

He does not have to know it had been done intentionally.

"It's such a gorgeous house." Will said after the tour and we were now in the sitting room. The tv was still playing an episode of brooklyn nine-nine.

"You can have your seat." I said. "Would you like something to eat?"

"I would like some fruits," he replied with a shy smile. "With whipped cream and golden syrup."

"Okay. Give me a minute, darling."

When I got to the kitchen I took out a bowl of ready made fruit salad, I grabbed a fork as well as the whipped cream itself and the syrup. I placed everything on a small try and made my way back to the sitting room.