14. Before

Before

The second time I saw Harry after the club was two days later.

I had just come out of a meeting with my sister and it felt like I had the world's biggest headache. And all I wanted was something sweet and hot, or maybe something cold. I didn't know what yet but all I did know was that I saw a cafe not too faraway from the office and I could go there to relax and drink something.

There were times where I thought I could start my own business and leave the company to Leah and my mum but that would not have been such a good idea.

"Debby, I don't have any meetings after this, do I?" I asked as we got into the elevator.

"Nope. Your next appointment is at three. You have two hours." she said and I let out a relieved breath.

"I'm going to step out for a bit, you can reschedules calls if anything comes up or forward it to me if its very important." I said and she nodded.

We took the elevator back to the floor for my office. I quickly dashed into my office to grab my car-key, wallet and phone. There was an urgency within me and I didn't know why but I just went along with it. I waved goodbye to Debby before getting back to the elevator and pressed the button for the parking lot underground.

I got into the white audi and immedately put on the radio, Jake Bugg's All I Need, filling the silence of the car and drowning back my thoughts. I pulled out of the building and began driving towards the direction of the cafe I had seen days go.

It took four songs to find it and thankfully there was a parking space in front of the building. I turned off the engine and got out of the car, locking it before walking into the cafe, The Coffee Bean. Immediately I stepped in, I was enveloped by the smell of coffee and something sweet. It was warmer, gold bulbs hung high, wooden floors and large windows, sofas, round tables with chairs. There was a large glass showcasing snacks and a huge menu board behind the counter.

I made my way closer and smiled at the girl working there.

"Hi." I said and she smiles softly at me.

"Welcome to the coffee bean. What would you like to get?"

"Can I get a salted caramel hot chocolate and . . . a strawberry shortcake." I said and she nods.

"Eating in or take away?"

"Eating in." I replied.

"Cool. Here you go." she said as she handed me a buzzer. "When it vibrates, it means your order is ready for you to collect."

"Thank you."

I took the buzzer and made my way to the one of the seats close to the window. Maybe I should have brought my ipad so I could read a novel on it or maybe watch a movie. Instead, I pulled up Youtube and decided to watch some Try Guy videos. Since I forgot my airpods, I made sure the sound wasn't too loud so as not to disturb the other patrons.

I was watching the Try Guys try to make cakes without instructions when the door was pushed open and I looked up. My eyes widened a bit when I saw the familiar handsome face. It was Harry from club. I looked down at myself, frowning at what I was wearing.

I had on a plain white shirt tucked into a gray pencil skirt and ballet shoes, Cartier watch around my wrist.

Oh my god.

When I looked back up, he was. . . . the Harry man was looking right at me, his lips lifted at the side. I saw him grab a buzzer from the girl too and then started walking towards my direction. He looked so handsome and so tall, he was clad in a white shirt, jeans that were splattered with paint, there was also some paint on his forearm as well.