𝐌𝐀𝐏 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 , 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈.

Dustin Reid, by nature was a flirt and that didn't stop him from being with one girl the night before and setting his sights on another just hours later. And for some reason, Kitty was never one of those girls. 

Now, don't get it twisted, Dusty wasn't her type, she wasn't jealous, she didn't care if he didn't flirt with her, in fact, she preferred him not to, she like that they were just friends, he was among one of the first few people she was actually comfortable around. 

So it wasn't uncommon to see the dark haired male sitting quietly beside her when his friends didn't share a class with him, he was able to get his work done in peace and only minor interruptions like Kitty's rhythmic tapping of her pencil or the soft hum she didn't often realise she was doing. 

But that didn't stop him from wondering if what Mitchell Walker asked was true, sure not everything on that map was true, for instance, he knew that the gold line that linked Amerie and him, despite not having a chance to catch the meaning, wasn't true, he'd never been with the girl in any way.

But, even if he didn't flirt with the blonde, he wasn't blind, hell, Spider, Ant and himself had, had some in depth conversations about the girls of Hartley High and Kitty always fell into it. But if it were true, it was surprising to say the least.

-

Despite the company, her class passed quick enough that she was able to escape unbothered and into the rec hall for PE, which she hated, hated with a passion, it was barely fifteen minutes of sitting on the bench, watching a ball be passed around the group that she caught sight of Harper and Amerie walking in, their discussion not quiet but still quiet enough that the third musketeer couldn't hear what they were saying.

Gathering her things, she looked away for only a second before a crowd had gathered around the girls, Harper having yelled at Amerie before smacking her in the face. Things forgotten, Kitty was quick to jump from the benches, quickly pushing her way through the gathering crowd of people with cameras and egging the two girls on.

"C'mon, cut it out." She yelled, and Kitty doesn't often yell as she tries to wrap her arms around Harper before she can cause any real damage to the fallen friend. But she's shoved off and back into the crowd, stumbling slightly as an arm steady's around her waist. Harper doesn't even bother to look at the two before storming off, pushing her way through the crowd leaving Kitty leaning against someone and Amelie on the ground bleeding.

"Uh, thanks." The blonde mumbles, taking the wrist off of her waist without looking back, turning to spot the one person that made her nervous, in the way of butterflies in her stomach and a knot in her throat. Spider simply offered her a shrug before releasing her completely, the group separated.

"Ams, you okay?" avoiding the sneeze that caught Quinni in the face, Kitty gathered the girls arm over her shoulder and walked her to the nurses office. "What the fuck was that about?"

"I don't know." the girl slurred slightly. "I really don't know."

The last thing Kitty could remember from the last time she saw Harper was the festival, the three of them looking as bright as traffic cones, wading through the crowds with loud music and laughing and hugging one another at Summer Riot, there was nothing out of the ordinary, there was nothing strange, this turn of events to Kitty didn't add up.

Sitting on the bed behind the bleeding girl, the girl heard nothing of the chatters of the outside school, neither girls aware that word had spread that Amerie Wadia had created the map, that she was the reason for the breakups that occurred between friends and relationship alike. Neither of them knew until the nurse had kicked them out and they were left at the stares and whispers of everyone as they walked the halls.

"Why'd she do it? Crazy bitch?" Spider piped up from against the wall as Amerie walked past.

"Why did who do what?" Kitty questioned, slowing her walk as Amerie kept walking, she was sure she herself didn't do anything wrong, but the scoff that had come from the boy had set her on edge.

"My mums going to kill me because of her." Ant piped up lowly, watching Amerie. "You're probably better to stay away from her Kitty, it's her fault."

Confusion cleared as the crease between her brows lessened as it dawned on her. Amerie was the one to write the map, Amerie was the one to cause the trouble. But why?

"Ams made the map?" Kitty questioned the boys who themselves didn't have an answer. Why would they, her head turns to watch Harper evade the one she used to call best friend as Sasha and Amerie had it out just a few lockers down. 

"C'mon Kit, you got biology right? Let's keep you outta her trouble." Ant piped up. The thing with the boys is that while they were just her friends and she was sure the lanky blonde beside them would never want anything to do with her more than that, they were still protective, it would of been the same for Missy or Sasha had they been caught on the side lines of Harper and Amerie's mess as much as she was.

"Yeah, I do." she was thankful, more often than not, while Sasha and Missy were still considered their friends, it was more Harper, Kitty and Amerie, a threesome that was rarely ever separated and now with a divide between two thirds of the group, Kitty didn't know which way to go. Even if Amerie had been the only one to create that wall, she was still her friend and Harper, as violent as she had been with Amerie, hadn't done anything to her, so she was thankful for the boys, providing what seemed like a safe space for her. 

Classes passed as normal, lunch came along, leaving Kitty feeling so out of place as she ate her sandwich next to Ant, she truly didn't know what to do, she hadn't seen Amerie since the nurses office and Harper, Sasha and Missy, while none had shared classes with her yet, had disappeared.

The intercom that reached out over the quad and surrounding school groups gargled before Woodsy's voice broke the schoolyard chatter.

"Would the following students please meet at classroom five - d." Kitty glanced upwards slightly. 

AMERIE  WADIA.  sat alone at a picnic table fixing her makeup.

HARPER  MCLEAN.  SASHA  SO.  MISSY  BECKETT.  the sitting together behind the wall, hidden from the eyes of mostly everyone.

DUSTIN  REID.  who predictably was chatting up some girl not far from his friends.

SPENCER  WHITE.  ANTHONY  VAUGHN.  KATHERINE  TAYLOR.  in the small time frame of names, Spider had joined the duo beside Ant, his face screwing up at the sound of his government name.

DARREN RIVERS.  QUINN  GALLAGHER - JONES. the pair confused and a little insulted by the looks of it to be lumped with the rest of them.

DOUGLAS  PIGGOTT.  Cash, with a dollar sign, as he's more commonly known, a look of surprise across his face as he collected the money and passed the weed.

MALAKAI  MITCHELL.  a name no one recognised really, but paid no mind to the confused boy who exited the administration office.