𝐌𝐀𝐏 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇 , 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐗.

Her first kiss and his taste lingers on her tongue. Stale beer and gum. It's everything you think a first kiss should be like and as the pair are pulling back from one another, her face flares with a warmth that paints her cheeks, all the way to her ears.

"I thought ..." She doesn't want to finish the sentence, she doesn't want to ruin whatever this is, even though she has no idea what this is, but she's her own worst enemy by all accounts. "I thought you were into Amerie?"

"Where'd you hear that?" Brows creased, and even in the darkness they stand in, Kitty can see the way his eyes change, as if a mask was put in place. 

"I was a Summer Riot too, when you were talking to Harper." It was soft, it wasn't accusing him or anything, it was simply a statement and if she had been smarter, perhaps she would of just left it alone. But instead of defensiveness, his mask was quick to drop back down with her, a soft smile on her features.

"Harper's got it twisted." He shrugs, and she can't tell if it's a lie or not, but it's from his lips and she'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt, if she was being truthful. "I'm not into Amerie." And as much as she told herself to lock away feelings, his words were like a key to unlock them, considering that it was him saying them, not some friend of theirs, but him.

"I mean, I wouldn't blame you if you were. She's amazing." Map aside, Amerie was one of the best people Kitty had come to know. Especially in Hartley. Kitty only smiled, cheeks and nose still red as she chews on her lip. "This whole map fiasco aside."

Spider doesn't answer, simply watches the small blonde for a moment and Kitty feels as if she's under a microscope all of a sudden. "I uh, my place is just up here." She tells him after a moment or two, the two teens standing in the middle of the road, the silence growing almost awkward now. "Did you wanna come inside?" 

It's an innocent question, out of kindness, and perhaps that's why she was still the way she was, Spider thought, there was no ulterior motives behind her question, she wasn't inviting him in for sex, she was being kind and he knew that she knew he'd have to call some kind of ride to get home. "My brother's working the nightshift and I have a spare room if you needed a place to crash?"

He debates quietly, before swinging an arm around the girls shoulder and beginning to walk in the direction of her home, "Yeah, sounds good." They're silent again, this time the gravel crunching beneath the soles of their shoes. Keys jingle in the lock, door twists with some effort but soon enough their inside to small two bedroom home. It's nothing like Spider's home, his parents keeping their two story home in pristine, almost show room condition that it no longer looked like a home. There was a warmth in the Taylor household, certainly lived in and well loved. Pictures of Kitty and Kyle on the walls, this mornings breakfast spreads left on the counter, but butter returned to the fridge, last nights dishes in the drying rack. It was lived in.

"I think my brother might have a pair of sweatpants if you want?" Though Kyle, much like Kitty wasn't anything in height and the pants would surely be far too short for Spider. He blonde shakes his head, he'd slept in jeans many times before, it was no hassle, that or he'd strip to his boxers. It is what it is. "You want to watch a movie?"

It wasn't late, the bright red number of the microwave read eleven oh four, and late to the teens of Hartley High was easily close to three am, the night was still young and the cops had most certainly broken up their gathering way too early. "Sure, got anything good in mind?"

The pair moved through the darkened house, the lights from electronics giving off just enough in order to see their way around until Kitty is flicking on her bedroom light, illuminating the pair in a yellow glow. "Sorry, it's a mess." And it was, workbooks and clothes scattered the floor, but thankfully they were only thrown from what was in the clean laundry basket on her bed, a stack of unread books on her nightstand that would remain unread but still looked nice there, it was almost as if they'd forgotten about the movies ideas instantly.