𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒 , 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈𝐈𝐈.

DARREN,  AMERIE,  QUINNI  and Kitty stood peering over the top of a book shelf, the ginger of the group peering towards Sasha So and her pink hair sitting with Lucy while Amerie was muttering under her breath about slap bands as she watched Spider and Malakai studying at another table.

"I tried Ams, I swear." Kitty mumbled, but maybe she didn't try hard enough, teeth clenched together, she shoulders her bag once more. "I'll go talk to him again." Leaving the three behind to talk about Sasha.

What she doesn't notice is how Darren and Amerie was the interaction with Spider with eyes of a hawk. She drops her bag on the table beside the two boys, smiling at the new kid easily. "Spider." She says in greeting and the boy raises his brow at her, his feet pulling down from their outstretched position on the table, phone now locked as attention is on her.

"Kitty." He repeats, moving the chair out for her, to which she takes, Malakai looking somewhat confused at the exchange between the blondes, and the somewhat niceties that Spider was offering the girl. "What can we do you for?"

"Slap band for Amerie." Malakai looks away to his text book then, Kitty leaning forward on her arms in Spider's direction, wide eyes. "Pretty please."

"No."

"Spencer, please." 

"She's the reason we're all in SLTs." He repeats from their last conversation, sticking to his guns. 

"And not selling her a slap band won't change that. Ant said for her to ask you." Kitty pleaded with him, she had to try. "She's my best friend, she fucked up, sure. But she's a teenager, haven't you ever made a mistake?" She questioned, fingers moving to cover his hand that rested on the table by hers, this movement catching Malakai's attention again, his dark eyes watching the exchange. 

"If she can afford one," Spider starts, leaning in closer to the girl, sweeping a strand of hair from her shoulder. "The price is higher for her." It was no longer a "no" but more of a challenge. 

"Thank you." She whispered, moving faster than a snake, like she had when she kissed him first, pressing her mouth to his before she's gathering her things and heading back towards the group, unaware of the slack jawed features of both Malakai and Sasha, the latter who had glanced over. And of course Spider, who sat wide eyed before shaking it off and turning back to his phone aware of the eyes on the pair.

"What?" He snaps at Malakai, the boy raising his hands in surrender. 

When Kitty returned to the group, she found them hiding on the floor behind the shelves they were originally standing behind. "Uh?" She's confused but the three kinda wave it off. "He said the price is higher, but he no longer said no." To which Amerie smiles, thankful for Kitty and her talking to him.

Kitty finds herself barely an hour later, standing in the shade of a tree as the boys run around a pitch, she thinks it's tee-ball, or cricket, but she's not even paying that much attention, aside from the sometimes drop of her sunnies as Spider runs past, beside her is Missy and Sasha laughing and goofing off. 

"So uh-" Sasha starts as the three girl fan themselves from the summer heat, "I seen you with Spider in the library." The statement catches Missy's attention, head snapping towards the other two with wide eyes.

"No way. You and Spider?"

"It's nothing, I think, we've only kissed a few times." Kitty's cheeks flush a vibrant red hue, not even one that can be claimed in the heat, pushing the sunnies to the crown of her head, the flush spreads to the tips of her ears. "He's nice."

"Spider, nice?" Brow raised, Sasha questions.

"He's nice to me." And if giving her some form of reprive, Sasha is interrupted by Quinni, leaving Missy and Kitty to seat themselves a little father away in the grass. "I swear, he's nice to me."

"I've just never known Spider to be nice." Missy shrugs, her head turning towards the two girls not far from them. Kitty can only shrug, because truthfully it wasn't as if Spencer White was known for being the nice guy.

The four friends wind up at Darren's for the afternoon, the blonde of the group stretched out over the sunbed style coach as she grins at her phone, listening in to Darren read through the sheets of his fathers work in progress, the other two girls seated in front of her as Amerie put lashes onto Quinni, all four of them giggling and questioning the words they read.

SPIDER:

you busy?

KITTY:

just at Darrens.

Phone pings with another message that she glances over with a smile, a picture sent her way of Dusty's garage, the boys all scattered around, lazing rather than practicing for their gig this friday.

"Hey, you sure you want to do this?" Darren's question breaks Kitty away from her phone, watching as Quinni denys, assuring them all that this is what she wanted, she wanted to try, but as eyes open and the two directly in front of the girl smile and coo over her, she shakes her head, the heaviness now on her lashes aggravating her senses to the point where she cannot stand them.

The girl moves with a lot of speed, sitting at the end of the sun bed kitty was propped up on, the girl moves to behind her, careful not to touch her as Darren and Amerie join them. There's an awkward fear in Quinni that Kitty can't describe, she's familiar with it.

"How many girlfriends has Sasha had?"

"Oh god, like fifty." Amerie starts, "And you're worried about your flaps?" As if to make a joke of it, but the clearing of their throat and a nasty jab to the ribs has Amerie rethinking her words. "Oh! None of them meant anything!"

"Do you think I'll mean something?"

"Quinni..." Kitty breathes, offering the girl a sweet smile as she turns towards the blonde, a blonde that had been, still was friends with the girl in question. "You mean something to everyone you meet." 

"You mean everything." Darren agrees, Amerie pulling both Kitty and Quinni into her arms as Darren changes the subject.

SPIDER:

u wanna join?

The text tone catches her attention as Darren's father stumbles upon the group, scolding Darren but Kitty pays very little attention, smiling down at her phone once more. The offer appealing. Once Peter had left the room, Kitty glanced around.

"I uh, better head off." The group dispersed, leaving Kitty with hugs before she's leaving the River's residence in favour of Dusty's place.