𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒 , 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐈.

SUNDAY  PASSED  IN  a slow progression from the time Spider left her house to the time she crawled into bed, at first it was an anxiousness that crowded in her bones, forcing her to not sit still. She cleaned her room and despite his words from the night before, part of her was mortified that he'd seen such a state of her room. But as she ran out of things to do, homework and assignments included, she sat in her bed with Netflix playing something she'd watched a million times as she scrolled on her phone.

Monday came with a screeching of her alarm, Kyle had yet to knock on her door, but she was out of bed, within moments, her body filled with nerves that buzzed wildly, she proceeded through the motions of a morning routine, shower, hair, makeup and dressing, struggling to find something.

Throwing on low cut jeans and some band shirt that was cropped above her belly button, she tugged on her shoes, still at the foot of the bed where she'd dropped them on Saturday night, before she's dragging herself and heavy school bag out of her room.

"Morning." She greets, pulling a glass from the cupboard as her brother sits at the counter, the shower running again in the background indicates that Aiyla had shown up the night before, no doubt after Kitty had locked herself away in her room for the night.

"You're up early?" Kyle retorts, toast discarded on to the plate seconds after it pops up from the machine, Kitty filling her glass with juice before taking a drink.

"Yeah, offered to pick up Amerie this morning." She shrugs, they stand in the kitchen, Kitty smiling as Aiyla, Kyle's girlfriend joins them, looking ready for work, but by then, Kitty had finished the juice, and grabbed her bag once more. "I'll see you tonight?"

"Nah, working late, won't be home until like two am, Aiyla will be here." Not an uncommon occurrence, being that Kyle was a paramedic so more often than not, Aiyla would spend most nights in the small two bedroom home, only really staying at her own place when Kyle was on night shifts.

It wasn't that Aiyla and Kitty didn't get along, they did, quite well, it's just up until eight months ago, Kitty wasn't apart of the routine that had been created by the couple, and of course, that made things a little more awkward, having your boyfriends nearly adult sister living with him. 

"It's cool, I said I'd hang out with Darren, Quinni and Ams this afternoon, don't know what time I'll be home. See you later!" She waved as she shouldered her bag and left the house, into the little red second hand mazda Kyle had given her when he'd gotten his new car, she was grateful for it at least, not having to rely on the older Taylor.

The drive to school after picking up Amerie was barely anything, the girl usually making the trip to school a walk. 

"So how was your Sunday, didn't see you after the cemetery, Dusty said you left?" Amerie questioned after a moment as the pair cruised through the city with their windows down. 

"Yeah, the beer hit me funny and Dusty found me, told him to let you know, and it was, uh ..." She doesn't know how to explain her Saturday night, nor her Sunday for that matter. "Strange."

"Can't be as strange as mine." The pair of best friends giggle together as Amerie admits to kissing Dusty in the cemetery when he found her after Kitty left and it's all laughter and squeals between the pair, Kitty feeding off the excitement and giddiness that exuded from Amerie.

"I bet I can top that!" Kitty wasn't planning to tell anyone really, but this was Amerie, for the last eight months, they'd shared everything, well, except the map, but that wasn't a care to Kitty. She really just didn't care about the wall, after all, it was covered now and not to mention, most of it was true or people had heard the rumors anyway.

"Nah, no way." Amerie denied.

"Spider crashed at my place."

"WHAT!" wide eyed and as equally wide mouth, Amerie stared at her friend in almost shock. "What, Kitty, the fuck?"

"It wasn't planned!" Kitty laughed at the shock because if she hadn't lived it, she would of been in the same boat. "I seen the cops headed towards the cemetery as I was walking home and next thing I know Spider is pulling me into a hiding spot." Kitty continues to tell Amerie everything up until the sweet kiss on Sunday morning.

"That doesn't sound like the Spider we know." 

"It was sweet."

The pair are exiting Kitty's car and headed towards the gates of Hartley High, weaving through students, "So are you and him dating? What's going on?"

"I don't know." Kitty admits sheepishly, only to be jostled out of the way as some boy hollers at Amerie and tosses her bag into the air. Amerie pauses for a moment as her things scatter around them before she drops to her knees with a screech. The students keep wandering around the pair as Kitty kneels to pick up a few of the fallen items, another hand meeting herself as well. Dusty.

"Nice." He murmurs, Kitty chuckles as she stands, catching sight of Spider looming over the three with an uninterested look. Leaving Amerie and Dusty to chat she smiles warmly at the blonde.

"Morning, Spider." She smiles as he swings an arm around her shoulders, watching as the other two straighten up. 

"Cool shirt."

She can feel Spider tense slightly as he rolls his eyes, "Name one DZ Death Rays song?"

All three of the others scoffed. "Shut up, Spider." Kitty unable to control the sputter of a laugh from her lips, as he pulls them away from Amerie and Dusty, his arm dropping from around her shoulders to take her hand, holding her arm out as he snaps a red snap band around her wrist with ease.

"90s!" She muses as she looks over the band, before turning on him, their hands still together. "What's it for?"

"Entry for the gig this friday, raising money for the Global Women's Project." He tells her. "Want you to come." He shrugs, the pair standing closer now, their arms lax between them as their fingers tangle without a thought, as if it was a natural.

"Okay, I'll be there." She grins to match his own as her words reach him, leaning to press his mouth to her temple before taking off towards Ant and Malakai the two boys having not noticed the display that had occurred, actually as if they were in their own little bubbles, no one had taken any notice of Spider and Kitty.

"Hey over here!" Kitty caught sight of Darren and Quinni calling both herself and Amerie over to them. "It's our new besties." The four of them wrapping around each other with happy grins. But as they pull away, Amerie's eyes float towards Spencer, Malakai and Ant, the latter of the group playing around and jumping on each other as Spider laughs beside them. 

"Huh, one of my favourite pornos starts the exact same way." Darren muses that causes Kitty's eyes and nose to scrunch up as she watches Dusty join the group. 

"How is the new guy so popular already? I want to bump chests with Dusty." Amerie muses. "I need one of those slap bands."

"Oh sweetie, no one is going to sell you that landfill."

"You mean one of these?" Kitty questions, wrist decorated with the slap band held up on display. 

"How'd you get that, I left you alone for two seconds." Amerie whined.

"Spider gave it too me."

"Spider?" Darren questioned, head snapped towards the small blonde in some shock, head tilted.

"Yeah, this morning, he snapped it on my wrist."

"Kitty you gotta help me get one, can you talk to Spider, please." Begging was never a good look for anyone, and right now, Kitty was taken back. 

"I'll ask, I'm sure I can get you one." Hopeful as she was, there was no way Spider would sell her one for Amerie, they all knew how stubborn the blonde could be.