Chapter 3- Another Life

I must have fallen asleep as Jessy wakes me up and I saw we are in Duskwood. I haven't been here since I came to visit two years ago and I saw Jake for the first time. I sigh realizing this is going to be a rough trip. She pulled into the Aurora and I see Dan there. I sigh, waiting for the famous 'I told you so'. I get out of the car and he pulls me in for a hug.

"Jessy told me, MC. I'm sorry you didn't deserve that" he says, hugging me tight.

I start sobbing into his chest "I didn't even do anything to deserve it. I was always the supportive girlfriend to him." I start having a panic attack "how can someone say they love you and do that?" I sob into his chest.

"I don't know boo but I hope he doesn't follow you here" he says.

I hadn't even thought of that. "I need a fucking drink" I say walking into the bar.

Phil is standing at the counter. "We aren't open yet!" He yells not looking up from what he's doing.

"You told me i always have a seat and a bottle of Jack with my name on it" I yell back at him grabbing a chair and sitting down.

Jessy and Dan come up behind me "you did tell her that the last time she was here" says Jessy.

'MC?" He says looking at me.

"Yep now hand me that bottle I need it" I say.

" you can have a drink," he says, pouring me a cup.

I reach and take the bottle "yeah, no the bottle is needed" I say taking a drink straight from the brand new bottle.

"Fuck do I even wanf to know?" He asks.

"No you don't" says Dan as we hear the doors open.

"We're not open!" Yells Phil as he looks at the door and sees Jake. "Fuck what do you want?" He says.

Dan turns around and gets up. I don't even try to stop them. As they start fighting until I hear someone get thrown into a table.

"STOP IT BOTH OF YOU!" I angrily yell as I spin around and give them both the death glare.

"I told you to stay away from her!" Dan angrily yells walking away from him.

"Jake you're not welcomed here" I say walking up to him with my bottle of whiskey.

"MC, please can we talk?" Jake asks, grabbing my hand.

I see the hurt in his eyes and where Dan punched him in the face. "No, I don't want to talk to you. I saw the message and I saw your messages to Jessy. I don't care that you're sorry for how you treated me. You're 100% right, I deserve better" Isay walking away from him and up to Phil. "Still want to take me out on a date?" I ask him leaning against the bar.

"MC, your fucking drunk and haven't eaten!" Yells Jessy.

"Ask me when you're sober and not pissed off at your boyfriend" says Phil with a flirty smile.

"I'm not that drunk and he's not my boyfriend anymore" I say as I lean against the counter more.

Dan grabs my waist and pulls me away "MC no!" He pulls me into the corner.

Jakes POV

I see the red BMW at the Aurora and I know I'm walking into a fight. I get out of the car and walk in. Phil instantly tells me they are closed and he sees me. I see MC and a bottle of whiskey she's drinking out of. I know she's trying to numb her feelings. Dan comes up and I realize I need to protect myself. He gets a few punches in. I punch him back and he throws me on a table.