Chapter 17: New Coworker

I wake up in Jake's bed alone wearing a pair of sweatpants and a tshirt. I can't help but smile as yesterday replays in my head. We're going to love slowly, was definitely the move of last night. I look at the time and realize I need to get to work. Thankfully I brought my laptop with me. It's just in the car.

I get up and grab one of Jake's hoodies from his closet. I swear it's big enough for a dress and throw my sneakers on. I walk past his office and I see him there.

"Good morning '' I say leaning against the door.

He's focused on something and I walk over to him and realize he's in the same programs my company uses. I tap his shoulder and he jumps.

"Sorry" he says as he pulls me against him.

"Do you want me to stay here? I have my laptop in my car." I say looking at him.

"It's my first day on the job, maybe we shouldn't tempt ourselves" he says as he pulls me on his lap and kisses me.

"I can work in the living room so there's this wall between us" I giggle.

" That works. You don't want Jessy to ask a million questions huh?" He says holding me close.

I smell his shampoo and bodywash and I nuzzle into him. Until there's a noise from his camera. "You should go get your stuff, this is a webcam thing" he sighs.

I kiss him and leave. I come back and jump on the computer, unaware of what's about to happen. My boss right away brings me into a video chat. Thankfully, I made myself presentable from the waist up but I see Jake on the camera as well.

"MC, this is your newest team member, Jake Miller. Jake, any questions or issues you are to contact her, do you understand?" He states.

"Yes sir" I hear Jake say and I blush.

"MC, reach out to him privately to get him used to our systems. He did freelance a couple times for us but he didn't have access to everything."

"Yes boss' 'I say as he signs off and I close the chat. I lean my head back for a moment and mutter under my breath.

"So boss" Jake states, making me jump.

I look at him and blush " I should've asked you what company to prepare myself for that meeting."

I hear Jake laugh at me and I throw a pillow. I bring my laptop into his office and we work together showing him everything. Of course there isn't anything he doesn't know but a few things he didn't have access to before.

It's later that night and Jake and I are curled up on the couch debating what we want to eat when my phone goes off and I see it's Jessy.

"Hey Jessy" I say as I answer.

"I swear you better still not be with him, it's our girl night. Hannah, Lilly, and Cleo are waiting here."

"Oh shoot!" I jump off Jake's lap and he pulls me back down. "Jake, I need to go home," I say as I kiss him.

"Are you gonna be attached to the hip?" Asks Hannah on the phone.

"No it just slipped my mind I swear" I say.

"You're not going anywhere until we decide on dinner," Jake says into the phone.

He then takes it from my hand and hangs up holding me tight to him.

"Jake, you really shouldn't have done that" I say with a laugh.

"Not like they will find us"

All of a sudden both our phones start blowing up with calls from them and I roll my eyes. "No but they will do that," I say, kissing him and standing up as I grab my phone. "On my way out his door."