Epilogue

These last two years with Jake have been nothing but amazing. He's been an amazing father to Lucas and I couldn't be more happy. When I told him I was pregnant we decided it was best for us to move into an apartment together here in Colville. We're thinking of moving to Duskwood since we both work from home but we love the city.

Its Christmas weekend and my family came out to visit. This is the first time since I moved out they did. It's Lucas first Christmas which my family is super happy about. They got a hotel room not far from here even though we offered them to stay, they didn't want to take the office over and the living room. Which turned out perfect because the gang decided to join us for Christmas as well.

It's Christmas eve though and everyone is over, we put on Christmas movies after having chinese food. Jake and I are snuggled on the chaise lounge while my mom is holding Lucas even though I think he should be on his blanket. I can't fight her, he's her first grandchild and she's just now seeing him besides in videos.

Jake gets up and grabs both of us more eggnog and kisses me softly with everyone around.

"Get a room!" I hear Alex, my brother yell. I toss a pillow at him and he tosses it back and Jake catches it.

I can't help but laugh, these moments are exactly what we wanted. The whole family is here, my side, his mom, and our friends turned family. My heart melts as I'm not truly paying attention to the Christmas movie playing as I'm watching everyone. I look at Jake and I notice he's watching me as I watch everyone and I grab his hand and get up heading to the kitchen. Once out of sight of everyone I pull him close and kiss him.

'Where did that come from?" he asks as he pulls away reluctantly.

"Just happy we have finally got to this place together. No secrets, no issues, pure happiness and surrounded by family and friends. Lucas is one lucky baby to have so much love "I say as I hear him start fusing and go to grab him but Jake stops me.

"They can handle him, come with me." he says, grabbing me by his hoodie and taking me onto the balcony. I pull the hood up as it's cold and snowing. I see the city lights and I know it's going to be the perfect white Christmas tomorrow. I turn around and see my mom standing in the kitchen with a bottle for Lucas. However Jake grabs my chin and makes me look at him. I can tell he has something planned but unsure what it is.

"What is up your sleeve?" I ask him.

"Just happy too," he says, pulling me even closer.

I wrap my arms around him as we kiss. This time it's deep and passionate. I reluctantly pull away biting my lip. Jake leans his head against mine and I look into his eyes.

"We should go inside before we end up with another little one" I giggle.

"I mean I wouldn't be against it watching you be a mom is everything I wanted and more."

I grab his hand and head back inside.

We must have fallen asleep on the chaise lounge as I wake up to the sun coming through. I see all the gifts out and I know Jake had done that.

I curl up against him looking out over everyone sleeping on the couches and on the floor and my heart is just filled. I see the electric fireplace going and the Christmas tree is all lit up. I see everyone start to stir awake and I decide to get up. I go to check on Lucas first and I see him in his crib sleeping. As I close the door I feel arms wrap around my waist.

"Merry Christmas my love" Jake whispers into my ear.

"Merry Christmas" I turn around and kiss him softly.

We head out to the kitchen and make a pot of coffee to start us with along with getting all the pastries and coffee cake out on the table. Everyone starts piling in for morning breakfast and I hear Lucas cry.

I head to get him and as I walk in his room I see Jake already there getting him ready. I lean against the door and my heart just melts. I finally grab Lucas from him to feed him this morning and Jake kisses me softly again.

After lots of coffee and breakfast we all head back to the living room to start opening presents. It's filled with smiles, laughs, jokes, and joy.

Jessy walks up to the tree and sees something so she grabs it. I see what's in her hand and its a little red box with a tag on it 'to: MC from: Santa'

She hands it to me and I look at Jake. Before I get a chance to open it he puts his hand on top of mine.

"MC, these last two years having you back in my life has been nothing less than perfect. Watching you be a mom to Lucas has been the best gift you could have given me. I know we had a rocky restart but we are now stronger than ever." He moves to one knee in front of me and my eyes start to cry.

"You have shown me what love and rebuilding our trust we had can mean and I can't imagine a single day without you by my side. Morgan Caroline Davis, will you be my always, my best friend, my love, for the rest of our lives together and be my wife?" He asks, open up the box.

I don't even look at the ring and I manage to get out between the tears "yes!" As I kiss him deeply. He slides the ring on my right hand and my body shivers.

I finally look at the ring and it's stunning. The band is white gold and there's a black diamond princess cut. With white diamonds along the side of it. I lean my head against his as he pulls me close and wipes the happy tears away.

Everyone else in my mind just disappears in that instant. We were so afraid of history repeating itself and we have proven it doesn't.

I finally come back as I hear everyone hooting and hollering for joy and I look over at everyone and smile. He sits next to me again and I pick Lucas up and hold him. My heart feels like it's going to explode from joy that I'm speechless.

My mom comes and sits next to me and hugs me "I'm so happy for you Morgan. I know when you first moved out here you needed a fresh start and now look at you." She says with smile.

"Welcome to the family finally, Jake" my dad says and a smile to big.

As I do I hear Lucas say scream for joy and I just hold him. The rest of the day is filled with games, movies, cooking, and lots of smiles and laughs as we're finally hole.