Chapter 9: Find My Forever

⚠️Warning: language, talk of mental health, and drinking

After calming Dan down I pull Jake into a booth with everyone else.

"That was some kiss" says Jessy as she smiles at me and I blush at her comment.

"So we need to know what is going to happen with you two now?" Asks Cleo.

I look at Jake and I realized we haven't talked about it yet what our status is. "I guess see where things go again" as I bite my lip.

He squeezes my thigh under the table and I know what he's saying but I'm not ready yet.

"So kind of when you first came out here MC?" Cleo states.

"No" says Jake and I say "yes" at the same time. My eyes dart to him with a confused look.

"Oh I know that look" says Phil as he walks up to us. He hands everyone a soda except for me he gives me a whiskey neat. "Figured you need this MC"

"I'll be right back" I say as I down the drink real fast and Jake gets up and I head towards the kitchen and he follows. We walk inside and he pins me against the counter. As he kisses me deep and passionately. I want to pull away but I can't.

He finally pulls away and I melt as I look in his eyes. "We are together" he says.

"Jake, we need to talk about this," I say looking down.

"There's nothing to talk about we both still love each other" he pulls me close.

I push him away and walk away to put space between us for what is about to come out of my mouth. I turn towards him and he has a confused and sad look on his face.

"You do love me still, right?" He asks.

"I never stopped loving you Jake. However, I don't know if I can trust you again. Our whole relationship for two years plus finding Hannah was built on a mutual trust that just happened and was there. After what you did, how am I suppose to trust you?" I say as tears start falling.

Jessy and Dan both come in to check on us just as the tears start but we don't fully notice they are there.

"I get that, MC. I really do but you don't understand how hard these last 3 years without you have been. I know I fucked up the best thing in my life. All because I let my head tell me you deserved better without talking to you. It's what I always do, shit even with my mom if I messed up that relationship. Somehow though you going to see her brought hope back that I would fix all the things I did wrong. I want to fix up my biggest mistake ever and that was losing you" he says with tears in his eyes.

I go towards him "MC don't! How do you know he's not just playing you?" Exclaims Dan.

I look in Jake's eyes and I know everything he said is true. I run into his arms and wrap my arms around his neck and sob into his shoulder as he squeezes me tight. As he holds me, I feel all the weight of emotions from the last 5 years just melt away. I know in this moment this is my forever person.

"MC! Are you even listening to me?" Dan angrily yells.

I face him "yes I hear you!" I yell back at him. "Why can't you all just let me be happy and find my forever. You stand there and put Jake down but these last three years when I decided to bring someone around you all. All you ever did was say they weren't good enough. They didn't treat me like I deserve. Do you remember how happy I was in that cabin when you drove me to meet him for the first time? Do you remember how I was so excited but nervous that I asked you to pull over because I was going to get sick? Do you remember the look in my eyes when I told you that I loved him and he's my forever person? Or did you choose to block it all out because of the last time you all saw him?" I say with tears running down my face.

Chris walks in and sees me in tears as he runs up and asks me to pick him up and I do and he hugs me tight. "No crying aunty MC" he says, holding onto me.

Jake rubs my back and I force to stop the tears for Chris. "Answer the questions Dan" I say , staring at him as Hannah enters.

"Sorry he heard you yelling and wanted to come protect you MC" she says trying to take him but he refuses to go.

"Its okay, Hannah. Chris?" I say brushing hair away from his face" why don't you go with momma? This isn't the place for you. I will come and let you sit in my lap and we can eat those amazing fries we love together " I say, faking a smile for him.

"Okay" he says with the saddest pout and I kiss his forehead and put him down. Him and Hannah walk out the door and I stare at Dan.

"No I hadn't forgotten but I also haven't forgotten the tears when he left you standing there and picking you up barely breathing because of a panic attack. I haven't forgotten pulling the multiple bottles of whiskey away from you night after night because you wanted to be numb." He says.

"He's right, MC. How after these last three years of picking you up during panic attacks and losing your mind can you expect us to let him walk back into this group like nothing happened?" Jessy chimes in.

"I'm not expecting you guys to forget, shit I can't forget. I'm asking you to let me be happy as my best friends" I say as I feel Jake wrap his arms around me.

Dan storms out without saying anything and I look at Jessy, wondering what's going to happen.

She sighs "you know I want you to be happy but know we aren't going to make it easy win our hearts back" as she looks at Jake and I.

I walk away from Jake and give her a big hug "thanks for being my best friend. Also I wouldn't expect anything less for you guys."

Cloe opens the door "you guys coming or what. Lilly wants to make an announcement in front of us all" she states walking back out.

I grab Jake's hand and as I look in his eyes I see nothing but love. I lead him out to the bar again and he pulls me right against him wrapping his arms around me.

"Dan and I want to make an announcement" Lilly states with the biggest grin.

I feel Jake squeeze me tighter hoping it's not a pregnancy announcement.

"We are going to postpone the wedding until things settle down a bit" says Dan holding Lilly but being gentle with her stomach.

"Oh my god! You guys are pregnant!" I exclaim as I run up to them hugging them both.

"Seriously, how do you always know?" Lilly asks.

"Its the fact you haven't had a drink in a month and now you're postponing the wedding. Also Dan has been treating you extra fragile so I put it all together" I say with a smile.

"Well you're going to be an aunt again" she says.

Jake walks up and I see Dan clench his first. "Congratulations you too" he then looks at me and walks away, this time outside.

I'm standing there talking to everyone and Hannah comes up and whispers in my ear "you need to go talk to him."

"Did you?" I ask concerned.

"Yes but you need to. He's breaking down right now outside" she says so only I can hear her.

I walk away from the group and outside. I see him leaning against his car with his back towards me. I get in front of him and lift his head up "do you need to go for a drive?" I ask knowing that always calm him down.

"Yes, but with you. We need to talk" he says, looking into my eyes.

"Give me a few moments to grab my stuff and say bye okay?" I ask

"Okay" he says, kissing my cheek.

I walk back in and everyone looks. I grab my bag and hand my keys to Jessy. "I'll meet you back home." I say looking at her. "I'll talk to you guys later."

"Is he okay?" Asks Hannah.

"Me and him need to talk so we're going to go for a drive," I say, hugging her. "Thank you for letting me know," I whispered in her ear.

"Anything for my sister" she says

"I swear you know something I don't" I state giving her a weird look as I leave.