Chapter 4 - Hearts Breaking

Sitting in a booth at the Aurora, my food is still in front of me barely touched staring at my phone of mine and Jakes conversation.

Jake: I realized that 6 months ago before I left you. Leaving you was the hardest thing and I realized in that moment that if I didn't hurt you now I could never walk away from you and you deserve a guy who would give up the world for you.

MC: But I fucking want you Jake! I want all of that with you. I'd give up my world to be with you. Shit I did after Hannah. I came out here to be with you.

Jake: No, you came out here to help me become a free man. You took me from my world into yours where a guy like me doesn't belong.

MC: I tried to join yours and you wouldn't let me. I tried to leave everything I knew behind and you refused so there was no other choice.

I hear the doors open again and I look up and see Jake. He comes and sits across from me and reads my message I just sent.

"There was another choice back then" he say looking into my eyes.

"No, that was last resort. I wasn't letting you leave me unless it was the only choice" I say with tears in my eyes.

He moves next to me and pulls me close but I push him away and move into the corner.

"MC, it was bound to happen. We might love eachother but our life together is just too messy. I can't be with you and I won't dare ask you to move out here. "

Dan walks up "why the hell can't you leave her alone?" He demands an answer.

"Dan, go back to Jessy! I'm dealing with Jake" I snapped at him.

"Fine but don't call me over here when you need him gone" he says walking away.

I roll my eyes and Jake notices "I know they don't like me specially right now" says Jake eaching for my hand.

"Jessy wants is to try and fix this but i don't know if i can." I whisper looking into his blue eyes. I feel the tears trying to come back.

"But why does she?" He asks making small circles on my hand knowing that calms me down.

"She sees the love still between us" I say pulling away from him and he accepts it. "I need to know who that girl was" as i put my head into my knees.

"Noone important to me" he says.

"You called her love, Jake. You made her coffee, she opened your fucking door." I say looking at him as the tears break again.

"I wasn't expecting you and I was making coffee so she opened the door."

"You mean you werent paying attention to the fact I told everyone expect you that I was buying a plane ticket to travel half way across the world?"

"No.... I hadn't. I didn't think after our last fight you would want to see me right now. I lost control in that fight and I said things I shouldn't have said to you."

"We both did that fight. That's why I wanted to come see you and figure out what had gone wrong with us these last 6 months. I never stopped loving you but I felt like I was making a fool out of myself and lying to everyone when people asked how we were." As I wipe the tears away.

"I know my mom kept asking when she was going to see you again. I guess I have to break her heart too and tell her the truth" he says as he looks at my phone and sees the background. His is one of his hand on my thigh which looks like its one he found offline.

"Jake, do you still love me?" I ask looking at him.

"After everything today I'm not going to answer that MC. Im going to let you go. If we are meant to be back together in the end fate will make it happen" he says as he takes my hand and kisses it as he gets up and leave.

I sit there for a moment and bolt outside but he's already is down the road. I stand on the edge of the road hoping to see break lights or see him turn around but he never does. I fall to my knees on the asphalt and start sobbing. Jessy and Dan come out looking for me and see me.

"MC! Get out of the road" yells Jessy as she runs up to me and I fall face first down. They help pick me up and i lose it again realizing its really the end.

"Hey, you guys will figure it out" says Jessy wiping the tears from my face.

Dan comes and picks me up for a hug but I push him away and run in the direction Jake left. He tries to follow me but Jessy stops him "Dan, let her do this" she says.

"She's going fo get hurt" he says.

"She lost the love of her life. Let her be don't be the asshole right now" jessy says stopping him again.

She turns towards me, still running down the street.

I stop and hunch over feeling sick to my stomach. I can't see his car anymore and I'm at a cross road so i have no idea which way he went. I start spinning hoping to see something.

I see the red BMW I rented coming up and pu3lld over. Jessy gets out, "lets go get some rest" she says.

"No I need to find him again. Our futures are destined to be together" i say in tears.

She pulls me in for a hug putting me towards the car. She finally gets me in the car and i lean my head against the window as she turns around. I keep hoping to see Jakes car come up behind us but it never happens.