Chapter 11: Love Hard but Slow

I sit on the bed trying to figure out everything and I feel the tears streaming down my face. I hear Jessy and Andy come home and I walk out and she sees the tears.

"Need to talk for a moment?" She asks.

"Yeah in your room, he's still here," I say.

She turns and looks at Andy "want to order Chinese food?"

"Yeah I'll go get it started," he says, kissing her cheek.

We walk into her room, and I sigh. Since we moved in together her room is definitely the coziest. She has it filled with greenery, boho vibes. She has in a corner a massive egg chair that is filled with pillows for extra comfy when needed. That chair as I walk in her room with tears in my eyes is exactly where I plop down.

"I feel like I'm falling too fast for him again Jessy. I don't know what to do. I feel like Dan is right, I shouldn't let him back in so easy but things just come flooding back with him."

"Hey, do what feels right for both of you. This isn't something that's one sided. I'm not going to lie, I wasn't happy about him entering your life again. However, you do glow when he's around you so how can I stand in the way of that?" She asks.

"How can my brain not want to forgive him so easily but my heart wants to jump into his arms and have him hold me forever?" I ask as the tears stop.

"Because the heart wants what it wants. With you, it wants Jake. You tried dating others these last three years and you weren't happy. You were trying to fill a hole in your heart and none of them worked." She says holding my hand.

"Ugh I guess this is a conversation he and I need to have but every time I try and I look into those eyes every doubt on us just leaves." I say and Jessy can see my mind wandering.

"Don't overthink this all, just let things go. Believe me none of us are happy, it's Jake that makes you happy. Well except for Andy '' she laughs.

I laugh for a second "Because that guy wants to propose to you and you finally say YES. He's madly in love with you and you keep telling him no because of me." I say as there is a knock on the door.

I curl my feet up into her chair and both guys are there. Seeing Jake standing in her doorway looking at me just melts my heart.

"The food is ordered. I got a bunch of different things so we can pick and choose" Andy says. He looks at me and sees the tears in my eyes. "MC everything okay?" He asks, walking up to me.

"Yeah just an emotional talk with my bestie trying to figure things out'' I say as he gives me a hug. I see Jake's face and he wants to protect me but he stops himself. I walk up to him and wrap my arms around him.

"Hey, I think we should talk about some things," I say looking into his eyes.

"Okay where do you want to go?" He asks.

"Lets go to the roof deck" I say with a sigh. I look back at Jessy. "Can you call me when the food shows up?" I ask as she knows I hate cold Chinese food.

"Anything for you." She comes up and hugs me and whispers in my ear "don't go overboard. Love hard but slow"

I blush and Jake looks at both of us.

Jakes POV

We get up to the roof deck and thankfully no one is up there. I look at Morgan and she walks to the railing not saying a word.

She was never one afraid to talk about her emotions and feelings so I'm a bit nervous. I walk up and wrap my arms around her and I feel her melt into me.

I whisper into her ear "I want us, I want us back to how we were madly in love looking over this city all those years ago. I want a life with you Morgan," as I pull her tighter.

She spins around in my arms and I see tears in her eyes. I take a hand and wipe them away from her.

"I want that too Jake but how do I know in two years we won't fall apart again? I don't know if I can take that hurt again." She says looking into my eyes with tears running down her face.

I pull her into my chest and she just cried. "I'm sorry for the hurt I caused you all those years ago. I'm dealing with my demons but I need you in my life. I can live without anyone else but not you." I lift her face up and I see the tears have stopped but she's still scared. "All those years ago when we were searching for Hannah you brought light into my dark world. You made me want to open up without pushing too hard. You through text and seeing how you love hard made me fall in love with you. Seeing you with my mom and then today made all those feelings come right back." I stop to collect my thoughts as we are staring into each other eyes.

She leans up towards me and I lean down and I kiss her. It deep and passionate, her hand goes to my arm and squeezes as one of my hands go to the back of her neck to let her melt. She does just that as my tongue slides into her mouth and a moan escaped her throat.

I pull away and I see the smile I love on her face.

MC POV

Jake pulled away from the kiss that I didn't want to stop. His hand is still on my hip and the back of my neck. I bite my lip as I try to collect my thoughts.

"Morgan, I know I'm going to have to earn back the love and trust I lost but I'm willing too" he says leaning towards me.

I grab his face, as I look into those blue eyes staring back at me. "The love was never lost, it was just complicated and confusing. I could never stop loving you."

With that Jake crashes his lips into mine and I feel him squeeze the back of my neck. This kiss is sloppy and pure desire as my hands run through his hair and gripping it. Feeling our bodies this close and his lips on mine, I realize our bodies haven't forgotten. We haven't forgotten what drives each other crazy in the best ways.

As I feel Jake pull me closer my phone goes off and I whimper as I pull away out of breath.

I look and it's Jessy "hey" I say trying to catch my breath.

"I don't even want to know what is happening up on the roof deck but Chinese food is here" she says with a sour tone.

I laugh as I see Jake biting his lip "we'll be right in save me an eggroll." I state

"Save two" yells Jake into my phone as he hangs up and kisses me again gently.

I look at him as he pulls away and grabs my hand. "We didn't talk much," I giggle.

"We said what our hearts and minds needed to try this again. I swear MC I will never hurt you again like that" as his hand rubs my cheek.

"Say my full name please" I say looking into his eyes.

He leans in and whispers in my ear "Morgan Caroline and one day you will be a Miller" he growls into my ear.

My body shivers at that though as we head back inside. As we wait for the elevator he picks me up, making my arms wrap around his neck. As he realizes the ring he gave me is on a chain around my neck, he smiles as he grabs it in his mouth.