The Vanishing of Will Byers - [PT 2]

When I finished my drink, I said goodbye to my Mom and my brother before leaving to school. I got on my bike quickly and pedaled as fast as I could. My heart was pounding out of my chest.

When I got there, Mike, Lucas, and Dustin were already parking their bikes. I parked mine next to theirs.

"That's weird. I don't see him." Mike looked around into the crowd of students.

"I'm telling you, his Mom's right. He probably just went to class early again." Lucas added as he finished parking his bike.

"Hopefully." I muttered, my heart still pounding out of my chest.

"Yeah, he's always paranoid Gursky's gonna give him another pop quiz." Dustin joked.

"Step right up, ladies and gentlemen." I sighed at the voice, already recognizing it behind us.

Troy and James. The biggest douchebags of the school. Maybe even the town, besides Steve Harrington.

"Step right up and get your tickets for the freak show. Who do you think would make more money in the freak show?" Troy walked closer to us.

He walked up to Lucas and shoved him. "Midnight."

"Frogface." He shoved Mike.

"Toothless." He shoved Dustin.

"Or Pepperoni Face?" He finally shoved me. Troy always made fun of me for my acne, even though it's not even that bad I only have a few marks on my face.

James sighed and thought for a minutes. "I go with toothless." He said, mocking Dustin's lisp.

"I told you a million times, my teeth are coming in. It's called cleidocranial dysplasia."

"I thold you a million thimes." He mocked Dustin, again.

Troy chuckled. "Do the arm thing."

Dustin just stood there.

"Do it, freak!"

Dustin put down his backpack and jacket. He stretched out his arms, causing them to crack multiple times. The two boys in front of us groaned and laughed.

"God, it gets me every time." They shoved Mike and Dustin out of the way as they walked passed us.

"Assholes." I said under my breath.

"I think it's kinda cool." Mike assured Dustin as he picked up his backpack and jacket. "It's like you have super powers or something. Like Mr. Fantastic."

We began to walk into the school building. "Yeah, except I can't fight evil with it."

We went to all of our classes. Will wasn't there. My heart dropped to my ass. Oh, no.

I was worried through class. My leg was shaking and I couldn't focus. When the bell finally rang me and the others walked up to Mr. Clarke's desk.

"So, did it come?" Mike exclaimed. Me and the other 2 boys smiled, excited to see it.

Mr. Clarke sighed. "Sorry, kids." My smile instantly dropped. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but..." I waited as he dramatically paused. "it came!"

We rushed down the halls into the AV room, excitedly. We bathed in and saw it. Mr. Clarke followed behind us.

"The Heathkit ham shack. Ain't she a beaut?"

Dustin fidgeted with the buttons to turn it on. "I bet you can talk to New Yon this thing."

"Think bigger." Mr. Clarke added.