The Weirdo on Maple Street - [PT2] - FINAL PT

Lucas opened the door again. It slammed shut. We all jumped at the loud sound of it slamming. Then the lock turned. We all turned around and looked at Eleven.

She had blood running down her nose, and she was standing up.

"No." She said with a serious expression.

After a while...

Mrs. Wheeler called us down to eat dinner. We told El to stay in Mike's room while we ate.

We didn't really eat that much. We were more focused on El and Will. It was very awkward at the table. It was silent.

"Something wrong with the meatloaf?" Mrs Wheeler broke the silence, noticing that we were just picking at the food.

"Oh, no, I had two bologna sandwiches for lunch." Dustin excused. "I don't know why."

Me and Lucas tried to hide our laughter. "Me, too."

"It's delicious, Mommy." Nancy complimented.

"Thank you." Mrs. Wheeler smiled.

"So, there's this..special assembly thing tonight..for Will at the school field. Barb's driving."

I rolled my eyes. I know she just wanted to hang out with Steve. I can't believe she's using Will as an excuse.

"Why am I just hearing about this?" Mrs. Wheeler was confused.

"I thought you knew."

"I told you, I don't want you out after dark until Will is found." Mrs. Wheeler remarked.

"I know, I know, but it'd be super weird if i'm not there. I mean, everyone's going."

I rolled my eyes again and scoffed quietly.

Mrs. Wheeler sighed. "Just..be back by 10. Why don't you take the kids too?"

"No!" We all exclaimed. "Mm-mm."

She was very confused. "Don't you think you should be there? For Will?"

We looked behind Mrs. Wheeler. El came out of the room. Mike was drinking his milk and choked. My eyes widened and I choked on the food in my mouth. Mrs. Wheeler began to turn around.

Dustin slammed his hands on the table, causing Mrs. Wheeler to gasp and Holly to groan.

"Sorry. Spasm." Dustin said. I was trying to stop myself from coughing and Ms. Wheeler looked at me with worry and I gave her an assuring smile.

Holly started to whimper and sink into her chair. Dustin scared her.

"It's okay, Holly. It's just a loud noise." Mrs. Wheeler comforted her.

Nancy raised her eyebrows at us. "Nice." She whispered.

After dinner, we went down to the basement and took El some food. We found her fidgeting with Mike's intercom.

"El?" Mike called as we got down. "No adults. Just us and some meatloaf."

El looked up at me, Lucas, and Dustin.

"Don't worry. They won't tell anyone about you. They promise." Mike turned to look at us. "Right?"

"We never would've upset you if we knew you had superpowers." Dustin said. Mike slapped his leg. "Ow!"

"What Dustin is trying to say is that they were just scared..earlier. That's all."

"We just wanted to find Will." I told her.

"Yeah, we wanted to find our friend." Lucas added.

"Friend?"

"Yeah, friend. Will?"

"What is 'friend?'" El asked us.

"Is she serious?" Lucas responded.

Dustin shrugged.

"Uh, a friend-"

"A friend is someone that you'd do anything for. Someone that never breaks a promise." I started.

"Yeah, you lend them your cool stuff, like comic books and trading cards." Dustin added.

"And they never break a promise." Mike said.

"Especially when there's spit." Lucas spoke.

"Spit?"

"A spit swear means.." Lucas spit into his hand. I already knew where this was going. "you never break your word." He took Dustin's hand with the one he spit in, and shook it.

I scoffed and scrunched my eyebrows. Dustin looked at his hand.

"That's super important, because friends...they tell each other things." Mike finished. Dustin looked up from his hand and looked at Lucas with a disgusted face. "Things that parents don't know."

El stood up and walked over to the D&D table. She sat on the chair, put her hands on the board and shut her eyes.

"What the weirdo doing?" Lucas asked as we started walking over to the D&D table.

"El?"

She opened her eyes and picked up the wizard from the board. Will.

"Will." She let out, softly.

"Superpowers." Dustin said.

I looked at El and she continued to look at the wizard. Me and Mike sat next to her on the chairs.

"Did you see him? On Mirkwood?" He questioned her.

"Do you know where Will is?" I asked her. I hope he's okay.

She pushed all the other figurines off the board. She took the board and flipped it over to the other side.

She took the wizard figure and put it on the porch black board. What does that mean?

"I don't understand." Mike stated.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"Hiding."

Oh, God. Is he in danger?

"Will is hiding?" Mike looked at her. She nodded

"What's he hiding from?" I asked worriedly. My heart was pounding. My breathing got harder.

She got the Demogorgon figure and placed it on the board as well.

We all looked at each other. My breathing was shaky. I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

Dustin put his hands on the back of his head and sighed.

Okay..now i'm really worried.