The Weirdo on Maple Street - [PT1]

Y/n's POV

So we ended up in Mike's basement. We brought in the girl that we saw in the woods.

She was sitting on the couch with Mike's jacket on, breathing heavily. Me and the boys were standing in front of her, looking at her.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike finally spoke up.

"Where your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked confused. I smacked him with the back of my hand and he looked at me.

"Did you run away?" Lucas blurted.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

They just kept asking her questions, but she didn't answer them. Lucas reached to touch her, then Mike slapped his arm.

"Stop it! You're freaking her out!"

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas defended himself.

"I bet she's deaf." Dustin clapped his hands to her suddenly and she flinched. "Not deaf."

"All right, that's enough, all right? She's just scared and cold."

I turned to look at Mike. "Maybe, you can lend her some clothes to borrow? So she's not all soaked."

Mike walked to the laundry basket and reached for some clothes. The thunder outside was really loud. It seemed to scared the girl.

"Here, these are clean. Okay?" Mike handed her some clean clothes. She took them and rubbed them on her face. She stood up and took off the jacket. She reached for the bottom of her shirt, to take it off. In front of us.

The boys started panicking. It was kinda funny to me, so I giggled a bit. Mike stopped her before she could take off her shirt.

"See over there?" He stammered. "That's the bathroom. Privacy. Got it?"

I stepped forward. "I'll help her. Come on."

She got the clothes and followed me to the bathroom. She looked around and I began to shut the door.

She held it open and I turned to look at her. "You don't want me to close it?"

"No."

"Oh, okay. How about we close it.." I began to shut the door, leaving it open about 3 inches. "Like this. So you get at least a little privacy. Is that better?"

"Yes."

I turned around and walked back to the group to give her some privacy.

"This is mental." Dustin spoke.

"She's not that bad." I defended her.

"At least she can talk."

"She said 'no' and 'yes.' Your three-year-old sister says more." Lucas said.

"Maybe she's just shy." I insisted.

"She tried to get naked." Dustin shouted.

"There's something seriously wrong with her." Lucas slightly whispered. "Like, wrong in the head."

"She went like.." Dustin imitated reaching for a shirt and pulling it up. He accidentally hit his hat and it flew off. I rolled my eyes.

"I bet she escaped from Pennhurst." Lucas said. He really thinks she's that 'mental.' She's not even that bad.

"From where?" Mike asked.

"The nuthouse in Kerley County."

"You got a lot of family there." Dustin snickered.