The Flea and the Acrobat - [PT1]

Y/n's POV

At this point, we were in Mike's basement. El was relaxing on the couch and Mike was sitting next to her.

"What was Will saying?" He was trying to put the pieces together. "Like home....Like home...but dark?"

"And empty." I finished, sitting on the floor. "Empty and cold. Wait, what did he say?"

"I don't know." Lucas huffed. "The stupid radio kept going in and out."

"It's like riddles in the dark." Dustin sighed.

"Like home." Mike kept saying. "Like his house?"

"Or maybe like Hawkins." Lucas pointed out.

"Upside down." El said softly.

"Upside down..?" I repeated, confused.

"What'd she say?" Lucas asked.

"Upside down." I repeated, again.

"What?"

"Upside down." Mike replied and ran over to the D&D board. He finally understood. "When Dl showed us where Will was, she flipped the board over. remember?" He flipped over the board to it's proper side and flipped it back to the pitch black side. "Upside down. Dark. Empty."

"Do you understand what he's talking about?" Lucas looked up at Dustin and I.

"Yes." I nodded.

"No."

"Think about it." I began. "When El told us to find Will, she took us to his house, but obviously he's not there."

"Yeah, of course he's not there." Lucas said.

"What if he was there? What if we couldn't see him? What if he's on the other side?" I finished.

"What if this is Hawkins..." Mike flipped the board to it's proper side. "and..." He flipped the board back upside down. "this is where Will is? The Upside Down."

Dustin finally caught on. "Like the Vale of Shadows."

Lucas looked slightly confused still, but he seemed to kind of catch on.

Dustin went a grabbed the D&D manual, flipping it a couple of pages. "The Vale of Shadows is a dimension that is a dark reflection or echo of our world. It is a place of decay and death. A plane out of phase. A plane of monsters. It is right next to you and you don't even see it."

"An alternate dimension." Mike added.

"But..how do we get there?" I asked.

"You cast Shadow Walk." Dustin spoke.

"In real life, dummy." Lucas scoffed.

"We can't shadow walk, but..." Dustin looked over to El. "maybe she can."

Poor El. She was just innocently laying on the couch. Trying to relax.

"Do you know how we get there? To the Upside Down?" Mike softly asked her. She just looked at us and didn't say anything.

"Oh, my God!" Lucas groaned.

Dustin looked back down and the D&D manual.

The next morning..

It's the day. Wills "funeral."

I got up and went to my closet. I shuffled through and pulled out a black dress. I put it on and went to the bathroom to do my hair.

Hmm...what should I do with my hair?

I decided to curl it a little bit. I don't wanna look like i'm trying too hard.