C2, P9: Mission

Fan art by InkStarMusic on DeviantArt. I couldn't find credits for the other one I wanted to use :'(

"Alright Ranboo, I have a plan."

This seized my attention; I paused in suspicion, momentarily.

"How about we go to Dream's house to get information? Like maybe there are more folders or documents of maybe even pictures! We can figure out what Eret was doing and why Aly- Sally was here and who Dream and the other are!" he rambled.

"Rranboo," roughness was present in the pronunciation of my name, "my man, we only have so much to gain!"

"But what if I lose my j-"

"YOU CAN BE A SPY! Doesn't that sound fun?" he advertised, flailing his arms about, enthusiastically.

"That's not what I was-"

"So are you in? Will you join me? You know I can't do this alone, an-and we are basically partners now after the community house." He fumbled over his words, phrases gushing through his head, faster than his mouth could flow with.

Sigh. "Fine, fine. But if I get fired or expelled, I'll blame you."

"YES! Come on, let's go!"

"GO WHERE?" he dragged me away, leaving my question unanswered.

"I think this is it. OHHH it's so scary. Can you go first?" With pleading eyes he looked back at me, attempting to entice me into allowing him to avoid the responsibility - spoiler, it didn't work.

I ignored his chatter. "Tommy it's literally just a house. And can you keep quiet for once?!"

Tommy tip-toed up to the door, about to knock, but I ripped him away from it. He bumped into my chest, unable to stop himself due to the surprise. Turning, he met my eyes in question, yet another thought noticeably took over when his expression changed: "that was gay."

"What? N-no it wasn't!" I shoved him off reflexively. My tone and volume adapted for my next utterance: "Can we just go in already?" I mumbled, visibly annoyed even though I tried to conceal it respectfully.

"Yeah, yeah. I don't see Principal Dream's car outside so...

Oh," he stunned by how easy he was able to open the door, "It wasn't even locked."

I followed him inside as we looked around at our new surroundings, careful not to leave any traces-

"Look at this!"

"Tommy, I don't think you should touch anything."

"Aww but this necklace is so cuuute."

I just handed him a glare that resulted in him putting it down.

We looked through various rooms, photos, raided the fridge - which we probably shouldn't have. However we hadn't been upstairs yet.

"Are you ready Boo?"

"Don't-"

Tommy snorted, entering a fit of irresistible laughter, loosening me up a bit when I undoubtedly joined in.

"Alright, alright. Let's go."

As we climbed the stairs with immaculate stealth, a framed photo grasped my attention. I examined the information received by my sparkling eyes: the principal, of course; and another dude with goggles on, brown hair and distinguishable dimples from his smile in the picture. They both looked into each other's eyes with an comforting, adoring expression that appeared to have bound them together with love. What if-

Creaakkk.

I looked up to Tommy but as I did, another figure became much more apparent, much more crucial...

Goggles.

"Wha-," he rubbed his eyes as if he had just waken to this sight of two school kids climbing his stairs. For some strange reason, I couldn't move; I felt rooted to the spot as I was frozen in a game of 'tag'.

He completed his first sentence, asking "Who are you guys?"

"Uhhh" I couldn't form any words at the moment, succumbing to the pressure of another risky situation, I didn't have to, Tommy did if for me:

"H-heyyy man, uh we are just... here to meet Dream. Yeah we are from the school-"
"I can tell"

"So we-"

"- that you're not supposed to be here."

The room - well not really - fell silent. Tommy gulped.

"Why are you here?" he confronted us, both of us, however, were unable to respond to his inquiry.

"Ranboo. Run."

Tommy began to fly down the stairs, forcing me to hurry down as well in order to avoid getting in his way just on time. Racing through the house, we managed to make it out - only knocking a few things down in the process.

As soon as we got out, Tommy burst into laughter. I turned to him, "Tommy!"

"BAHAHAHAHAH RANBOO OOOH THAT WAS SO FUN!"

"Tommy we almost got - we did get caught! Plus who was that guy? I thought you said we were going to the principal's house! Why am I even here?" The last question was for myself; I slumped down as realisation hit me. Likewise, Tommy calmed a bit, seemingly considering my words before he instructed, "Come on, Ranboo."

Obediently, I followed, not wanting to deal with the confrontation my mind had waiting for me.

I didn't question where we were going.

One of the photos below

Someone draw the one Ranboo focused on and I'll happily make it the banner and insert it under that paragraph as well :)