C2, P11: Visits (updated!!)

Fingerprints.

Dream had noticed them when checking the time upon entering his home. He stopped by at the kitchen for a quick meal, only to see that the fridge appeared more empty than usual, especially since he and George had been shopping recently. He chose not to think too much of it at the moment: he had something to do.

Checking on George, Dream planted a sweet kiss on the sleeping brunette's forehead.

"We'll talk tomorrow," he whispered.

George hadn't heard him; Dream knew that, he didn't mind - he needed George asleep right now.

"Hey, Hannah"

Hannah looked towards the door where a green-hooded man stepped in. She returned his greeting with a glare as his peculiar, yet familiar, scent of petrichor infiltrated the dark room.

"Well that's rude wasn't it? You didn't respond," he took hold of Hannah's jaw, lifting it to make sure she looked in his eyes. He cocked his head slightly, "Or is it that you don't respect me?" In doing so, his hand slid down to grasp her neck mockingly. She flinched, her eyes visibly hiding away under eyelids heavy with exhaustion.

"You just sit here all day getting fed, being talked to, having a nice dip in a pool, and you can't say a simple 'hello'." Dream smiled as he came back to breathe the last words in her face, annoyance clear in every syllable.

"Don't get me angry, it's not that hard. You know I've been lenient with you because we are friends."

"MM"

"What was that?" he teased while stepping towards her.

Hannah edged back but he kept going, close enough to rip off the tape that disabled her speech.

"OW!!"

"Oh, come on, I've done that a hundred times already!"

"Well stop!"

"Alyssa" Dream warned, shutting her up. "At this point I don't even know what name to call you," he tickled her chin. Although she could speak now, she could barely move -  not without receiving pain from the ropes that bound her tight.

"Alyssaa" he slipped his arm around her while stretching out her name.

She opposed the motion, shifting away. "Can I have food?"

Story continues below.

Update:

I have added pictures to all the other chapters now (tell me if I've missed any).

Yesterday I actually continued working on the sequel to this book which will be a kpop AU featuring TimeDeo (Is he part of the mcyt community? someone tell me) and I wrote the first few chapters. I promise not to post them though as I don't want them to get in the way of this one. I read over some of the previous chapters and although the quality is good, it's the quality and structure I really need to work on.

What I will do to improve is write out multiple chapters at a time (or at least plan most of each chapter - which there is only one more!) so I can create flow and make it all concise and relative to the plot.

It has been increasingly hard to do so, which is why I have decided to summarise each of the chapters in a document (only for me though) in order for me to be a better author for you ppl, and myself.

OKAY, enough chatter, and on with the story.

"Mm," Dream pondered, considering granting the low-demanding privilege of good food. Well, it was a privilege for her at the moment.

"You have to earn it," he concluded.

"What!" She refused to restrain her speak due to utter ire, "It's a basic f*cking human right, Dream. You want me to starve in here?!"

"No," Dream admitted, inching closer in preparation for his proposal. "But you can't exactly live here for free, unless you're happy for that money to come out of your pay check?"

Hannah shook her head immediately. "No, but-"

"Then don't complain about how I run this household."

"Why am I here?"

It was the question which had been at the tip of her tongue for a while now. Itching whenever she made a sound; daring to escape whenever it seemed that she was allowed to speak - and this time it did."

Her mouth snapped shut immediately, leaving Dream to respond.

He did, producing a reverberating chuckle that echoed through the cream coloured walls.

"You're being risky today, aren't you?"

Hannah, who had her eyes squeezed shut from instant regret, failed to notice the man's approach, not until he had her hand at her neck.

"Don't you ever..." before she knew it, Dream lifted her with inhumane arm strength. She struggled aimlessly underneath the grasp of her captor, lack of air diminishing her futile screams.

"Question me..." Instinctively, she began to gasp for air as she drowned in the choking (literally) grasp of the man. "Drea-"

"Again."

She tumbled to the floor, thankfully free, but not for long as she succumbed to the black dots that concealed her vision.

"Oh no," Dream lifted her lifeless body, rested her back on his leg as he crouched down.

Somehow she had managed to clamber over to the only escape, but ultimately failed. Dream told himself he'd remind her when she was awake.

For now, he didn't need to worry about giving her food. He'd given her last week, and that should be enough for now.

"Dream?"

Uh, oh. George has awoken.