Chapter Five

~✯❅❀❤︎✯❅❀~

The following day, Hope was greeted with a dozen texts from Stiles. How he got her number remains a mystery to her. In one of Stiles' messages, he wondered she didn't get the damn bullet and then in another explained how Derek told him her family knew she knew so it would be too obvious for her to take it.

Then there was one from Derek. A simple, blunt message that was all know needed from him to know he was okay.

Derek: I'm alive.

With a sigh of relief, she got up and started to get ready for her day. It was the weekend so instead of going to school or doing anything fun or important like Allison was doing with their aunt, Hope had locked herself in her room all day.

Her mum and dad tried to get her to come out or open the door or even talk through her door. Though all she's been doing is finishing unpacking her box while playing different movies in the background on her TV.

Hope Argent today went nothing more than to be left alone. So when she ran out of movies to watch, she climbed out her window and got in her car to drive to the video store to pick up a few more movies to listen to while she unpacked.

Upon arriving at the video store there was only one car left in the parking lot, an old scrappy one at that, which was probably owned by the worker that happened to be working there tonight. Walking in with her headphones stuck in her ears she began her search.

She had walked down only two aisles when the door to the video stop opened again. Hope being bilious to what was going on in her surrounding didn't see nor hear the person walk in with their request.

She went to pick up E.T. when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She dropped all the movies that she held in her hand to turn around and grab the person's hand twisting it behind their back and moving them so their chest was pressed up towards a shelf full of horror movies.

It all happened so fast that when she saw the dirt blonde hair that hung from the guy's head she immediately let go of the boy and ripped her headphones out of her ear's and the boy turned around to face the distressed girl. "Jackson, what the hell? Didn't anyone tell you to never sneak up on people?"

"Sorry. You got one strong grip there, Hope." Jackson smirked at her while he rubbed his wrist which was marked red because of how tight her grip had been on his hand. "Thanks, I guess?" she was confused as to the way he wasn't being a dick like she had seen him to everyone.

"Where did you learn that?" Jackson asked her as she bent down to pick up all the movies so was getting. "My father taught me since I was six haven't stopped. Come's in handy when stalkers creep up on you." She smirked at him while she continued to walk down the aisle to look at the movie.