Chapter 4: What if... the Dark Emperor won?

Skylands was now in dark time, dark clouds, isle destroyed, and everything is in ruins. The young Skylanders were now in deep trouble of what happened.

Zap: "Well, that's just great. We created a darker timeline that we do not know which timeline we changed."

Echo: "Zap, would you please stop talking and let us think? We need to know what we change from the beginning."

Camo: "Oh, I know what we changed. Kaos uses the time machine to travel back in time to change the future creating a darker timeline. That's proof."

Sunburn: "You don't know that."

Camo: "Why, cause it's a guess?"

The friends start arguing about what they have done, as Nina silences them as they go quiet as she speaks.

Nina: "Guys, quiet! Look, we don't know which timeline we change, but we can still fix it if we can get out of Kaos' grip and return to the beginning to understand which of them has been changed."

Zoran: "But which one? We don't even know which timeline it is we change."

Kaos: "Would you all please be quiet?!" As he demands. "This is the perfect evil timeline that I would've wanted. With Skylands in a darker place, I can see that I have finally ruled Skylands at last. Now I need to know where my fortress is so I can see what it looks like."

Glumshanks: "You sure, because this doesn't seem to be your ruler."

Kaos: "Quiet, Glumshanks! I must find someone who can tell me." As he looks around and sees a mabu citizen collecting rocks. "You there, what year is this?"

Mabu: "Year? Oh, well been eons years, and it's a Dark Christmas long ago."

Camo: "Wait, Dark Christmas? Today is Christmas? What year is it?"

Mabu: "Yes, and it was.... Let me think..... Twenty-six years ago."

This makes them understand they're back in the present, and Kaos finally knows it has been years he has ruled.

Kaos: "Yes, then that means I'm the Emperor of Skylands!"

Mabu: "Actually, the Emperor is the new dark master."

Kaos: "Yes- wait, what?"

Mabu: "Yeah, since there was no powerful evil around to take over Skylands, the new dark master took over and defeated all the Skylanders declaring himself the Dark Emperor. We now serve him and celebrate his year. Dark Christmas, Nightmare Night, Thanks-For-Giving, and celebrating the infinite days Taco Tuesday."

Kaos: "Taco Tuesday? What kind of new dark master would want to create that time of year? I want to see this dark master."

Mabu: "Well, you can meet him. He's at his palace where the Core of Light used to be."

Kaos: "Was it destroyed? Because it seems he destroyed it."

Mabu: "No, actually. He turned the Core of Light into the Core of Darkness."

Echo: "Turn the Core of Light into evil?"

Kaos: "Huh, I guess this new dark master is really smart. I must speak to him."

Mabu: "Hang on..." As he pauses him. "You can't go meet him unless you have a gift for him. Everyone in Skylands must have a gift for him on Dark Christmas."

Kaos: "Oh, I have a gift for him." As he smirks looking at the young Skylanders.

Glumshanks: "Kaos, are you sure giving them to the new dark master is a good idea?"