Chapter 8: Twins meet the Chronicler

Nina and Zoran were still grieving for their father's death, as Stealth comforted them not knowing they're his kids.

Stealth Elf: "I'm sorry, Spyro was a great friend to me. Ever since Strykore was defeated, Spyro disappeared and we didn't know where he was, until Silther came and took everything from us. I wish I could save him so you can meet him."

Zoran: "It's not that, it's just..... (Sniff) He's (Sniff)...."

Nina: "It's okay, brother.... (Sniff) We all miss him."

Stealth wishes to know a lot more about them but not understand how they felt for him. And she doesn't know they're the kids of Spyro.

Stealth Elf: "I'll check your friends so they will be safe."

As she leaves the room, she notices the familiarity with Nina. She wondered if the two of them looked familiar to someone she knew but left.

Zoran: "I kill him, Nina. (Sniff) I destroy our father."

Nina: "It wasn't your fault, it was mine. (Sniff)"

Zoran: "How can you be sure? (Sniff) I was the one who thought we could go back in time."

Nina: "But it's also my fight, too. I didn't know what date our year was. I was to blame."

Zoran: "(Sniff) I guess it's true. We are gonna cease to exist because of..... (Sniff)... us."

They both cuddle and sob until they fall asleep. Then they were awake in some unknown world.

Nina: "What the- Where are we?"

Zoran: "I don't know. But I think this place looks familiar."

Unknown Voice: "It is.... From your father."

The two of them turned and were surprised that they could not believe their eyes.

Zoran: "The Chronicler....?"

The Chronicler: "Not a Chronicler...."

They look at him for a few seconds until they finally see he was Ignitus.

Nina/ Zoran: "Grandpa!" As they hug him.

Zoran: "Can't believe you're here!"

Nina: "Yeah...." As she then noticed. "Wait, how are you the Chronicler already, and already know us?"

Ignitus: "Because I'm from your original timeline."

Zoran: "Our original timeline, that means, you're alive! All this time! But how?"

Ignitus: "The Chronicler has brought me back, and given me to take his place as the new Chronicler. Now I read the story. And I see both of your stories are disappearing from the pages."

He then shows them the hour glass that shows the sands flowing back up revealing they're timeline is beginning to erase.

Ignitus: "The timeline is about to erase. Soon, everything will be gone unless it is restored back to its original time. You two are the only hope for our future."

Nina: "But we can't. You saw what we did. We don't know what to give our parents a gift, and remove Kaos from the timeline. Everything now changes because of us."

Ignitus: "Even mistakes can be from what you two have done, but your parents would understand. They always love you because you both were their precious children they never had in their life. And I can show you."

He then shows them the reflections on the hour glass of their future since they were little babies. In the future, Spyro was taking care of them as Cynder hum while making a formula to feed their younglings, and hold them in their arms. And a song of lullaby.