Chapter 6

⚠️TW: cussing⚠️

Hana's p.o.v

Kakashi and I continued to ask around. We didn't want to be too suspicious so we took a break. We sat down on a bench and Kakashi was being a lot more quiet than normal.

"Is there something more going on with Sarutobi?" I asked. "You can tell me, I'm your friend. I want to make sure you're okay." I placed my hand on top of Kakashi's.

"Nothing more than what I told you last week. I mean-- nothing more yet." Kakakshi sighed.

"I'm sorry. I really wish you could just stop being his prodigy, or just stop being a ninja alltogether." I said.

"That would mean leaving you alone with the team. I couldn't do that to you." Kakashi said.

"Oh come on, they aren't that bad." I said with a laugh.

"Yeah right. They're horrible." Kakashi sighed, a smile on his face under the mask.

"I can tell you're smiling." I said.

"Huh? How?" Kakashi asked.

"So you admit you're smiling?" I asked. Kakashi's eyes widdened.

"No." Kakashi said.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked through a laugh.

"Yes." Kakashi grumbled.

I laughed at him and we continued to sit and watch the people pass by in a comfortable silence. I looked over and watched Kakashi for a minute before turning back to the people passing on the street.

"I think the team is getting kind of suspicious at how close we are." I said.

"What do you mean?" Kakashi asked.

"Rin has asked me like forty times if we were dating." I said.

"What?" Kakashi asked.

"Right. I always say no, of course, but I think they're suspicious." I said.

Kakashi was quiet, staring out at the sea of people. I was also quiet beside him, letting him think through what I just said to him. He sighed and I got worried for a minute about if something was wrong. He was sighing more than usual.

"They will find any reason to be suspicious of us." Kakashi told me.

"I know they will." I said, sighing. "Anyway, we should probably head back to Sensei and report. It's getting dark."

"Yeah. Good idea." Kakashi agreed.

We headed back to Sensei's room quickly. On the way there we happened to bunp into someone. It was this girl with blonde hair and grey eyes. She tripped and Kakashi, being the good person he is, caught her.

"I'm so sorry!" The girl said frantically, grabbing Kakashi's arm to put herself onto her two feet.

"It's alright. Are you okay?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes. T-Thank you so much." She said.

Kakashi bent down and picked something up that she dropped. It was a little notebook and in the uper right hand corner it had the mist village symbol that they put on the headbands. Kakashi looked at it for a second and then looked back up at the girl. She looked worried and blushed.

"Are you a ninja?" He asked.

"Um, y-yes." The girl said.

"Oh. Nice." Kakashi said, handing the small notebook back to her. His hand brushed her's as she took it from him.