Chapter 19

A night out.

It was Monday evening and I felt better already

It was Monday evening and I felt better already. Arlo took good care of me those past two days and tended to me to his best ability. I appreciate how he goes out of his way to make sure i'm doing alright, he's beyond thoughtful and i'm grateful for him.

As soon as I told Noor and Minji I felt better they insisted I go out with them tonight. They wanted to be with me for when the photos drop today to give me additional support. I agreed of course, I also wanted to share this achievement with other people. People who actually care and have supported me more than my family or my ex-boyfriend has all these years.

I had left the shower and hurried to pick out my clothes. Minji was going to come with Noor soon to pick me up so we can meet up at this nice club Arlo picked out. A lot of people from the company got invited out tonight and I was excited to socialize and see everyone for this event.

I picked out a tight long-sleeved dress. It snugged my body in all the right ways and accentuated the curves on my waist. I've had this dress in my closet for what seems like ages. Just waiting for the right moment to wear it and now seems to be the time. It has a low neckline that teased some cleavage, so I paired it with a nice silver necklace. I also wore some high heels that laced up along my legs that ended just below my knee.

As I sit down at my vanity I get a few incoming messages from Minji and Noor, I check them real quick before I begin to do my makeup.

I snicker at the messages from the group chat, It feels nice to have people to hang out with and get to call my friends

I snicker at the messages from the group chat, It feels nice to have people to hang out with and get to call my friends. Minji and Noor have been so supportive and kind to me since the first day they met me. They immediately took me into their little circle and they make me feel included and very welcomed.

I begin my makeup routine in a bit of a rushed manner just so when Minji gets here she doesn't die from impatience. She's been very excited about going out tonight and honestly I am too. I want to have some fun in the mist of all this commotion, I desperately need the breather.

...

I waddle-run to the car, not able to run properly due to my heels. I open the back door and slide my body inside the warmed car. My body automatically relaxes as I sit on the warm seat. I took a risk and wore the dress bare without stockings underneath because I liked how my legs looked in this dress. The warm seat of the car is providing an unnecessary amount of bliss on my cold legs right now. "Hey lovely." Noor's voice chimes from the front passenger seat. They both look back in unison to greet me, I give them a smile as I click the seatbelt into place. "Hey, are you ready?" Minji asks and I nod my head excitedly. "Yes, I'm so excited." My face lights up with amusement and so does theirs.