thirteen

"Okay, I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here." Sam tell the boys as Buffy walked over with drinks and snacks.

She noted Dean on the phone and wondered what was wrong. "Yeah." He says a little distracted. "Problem is we're not going to Pennsylvania."

"What?" Buffy asked.

"I just got a call from an old friend." He replies. "Her father was killed last night." Buffy had a feeling who this old friend was. "She thinks it might be our kind of thing."

"What?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, believe me, she never would've called, never, if she didn't need us." Dean tells them as he gets in the car. "Come on. You coming or what?"

Sam looked at Buffy as they got in the car. Their plans on finding John was changed once again for Dean's friend.
~~~
Sam decided to ask what Dean meant by an old friend. "By 'old friend' you mean...."

"A friend that's not new." Dean says.

"Yeah, thanks." Sam replies as Buffy went back to John's journal.

She listened to them talk about Cassie, Dean's old friend. Something with the way Dean acted was telling the blonde he was in love with this Cassie person. Sam kept talking at the Martin's went through the journal. She didn't want to interrupt as she knew Sam was digging into Dean. When she heard that Dean told Cassie about them she looked up. "You did not." She says.

"Dean, that is our family's number one rule." Sam says as Buffy shook her head.

"I can't believe you did that." She says. "Why would you do that?"

Dean never said a word causing Buffy to look at her boyfriend who shook his head. Dean shouldn't have screwed up and for some girl.
~~~
Arriving at the police station, Buffy kept her arm wrapped with Sam's as they listened to a girl and man talk to the mayor about the two deaths of African Americans. When the girl turned around, she was shock to see Dean. "Dean." She says as she walked over to him.

Sam and Buffy smiled as they saw the love the girl has for Dean. "Um, this is my brother Sam, his girlfriend, Buffy and her brother, Brad."

They nodded as Buffy leaned against Sam who wrapped his arm around her as they watched Dean and Cassie. The two smiled as this was something they never thought they would see in Dean Winchester.
~~~
"My mother is in bad shape. I've been staying with her." Cassie tells them as she brought a tray with drinks on it. "I wish she wouldn't go off by herself. She's been so nervous and frightened."

Buffy felt bad for this girl. Her mother was sick and her father had passed. Sam kept his hand in Buffy's as Cassie told them about the truck. The blonde didn't say much as she listened. There was something wrong with this truck. She got information about Cassie's father being a car sales man making her know that he would known if something is wrong with his car.

When Cassie broke, Sam looked at Buffy as she took a drink from her tea as she listened. Another set of tracks, but the cops thrown it off like he lost control of his car. Brad noticed that Buffy hasn't said a word and wondered if she was thinking of the right questions or was she thinking that this is their kind of job. Sam looked at Buffy as she hasn't said a word.

"Skeptical." Dean says causing Buffy to look at him as she stopped listening as she was deep in thought. "If I remember, I think you said I was nuts."

Buffy laughed as she knew the feeling. They basically are with what they do. "That was then." Cassie says. "I just know that I can't explain what happened up there, so I called you."

The door opens causing them to look and see Cassie's mom. Sam stood up and looked at Buffy as she stayed in her seat. Sam held his hand out for her causing Buffy to smile as she took it. "Mrs. Robinson?" She looked at Buffy. "I'm sorry for your lost and ignore Dean. We can talk to you when you're ready."