1. Karma

Karma Johnson looked around her messy bedroom and pouted as realization hit her in the gut.

Her parents were really kicking her out, just days after she lost her job at Claire's and caught her girlfriend in bed with another woman.

Talk about a crazy week.

She sat on the edge of the bed and kicked at a silver strapless dress that was laying on the floor.

"This is so stupid." The 25 year old mumbled and stood to her feet.

And she was right.

The reason her parents were kicking her out wasn't that deep but they were convinced she was never going to grow up and take care of herself. So both of her mom's decided to show her tough love by giving her two days to pack her belongings before she needed to leave.

That was a week ago and her parents patience had dried up. They were ready to have an empty nest.

After hours of procrastinating, packing things here and there, Karma laid back on her bed, exhausted, and called her best friend, Liliana.

"Heyyyyy boo."

"I am soooo annoyed. I've been packing for like...I don't know and I'm hungry." Karma vented and scrolled through Instagram absentmindedly. She spent more time on social media than she spent breathing. It was her life.

"You'll be here tomorrow, Karmy. I'll even make you my famous burritos, that should cheer you up." Her best friend of thirteen years knew how to put a smile on Karma's face. She was a chef living her best life in Atlanta and for years, has been trying to get Karma to leave Indiana.

Now that her parents were ready to move on with their lives, Karma finally felt ready to give Georgia a try.

"I'll be at the airport but I gotta work the night shift that night so I won't be home until the next morning."

"Ugh, Lily! You said you were gonna take off." Karma whined and threw herself on the unmade bed dramatically.

Lily laughed into the phone at her best friends childish behavior. If anybody was used to Karma pouting and throwing a fit, it was Lily. It wouldn't be a normal day if Karma didn't have at least one meltdown because something didn't go her way. She was that spoiled.

"Yeah, I know babes. But Greg's kid is sick and he asked me to cover for him sooo...yeah."

Karma rolled her eyes. She didn't care about Greg or his kid. Instead of voicing her opinion though, she sighed loudly and switched the subject.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise. Everything's already set up for you."

"My first night in Atlanta and I'm gonna be alone." She complained again, this time making Lily roll her eyes and smack her lips.

"Girl, bye. I gotta go get ready for work. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you, best friend."

"Ugh, fine. I love you too."

~~~~

Karma sat on the plane, both AirPods in as TK Kravitz sung to her.