19. Karma

"Do you trust me?" Karma asked quietly while her and Egypt stood in front of the elevator doors. Probably not after what just happened, bitch, Karma scolded herself internally as Egypt stared at her with a raised eyebrow.

"I respect you but I don't trust you...yet." Egypt admitted honestly.

Not being able to do anything except accept the truth, Karma nodded and pressed the button again. She felt like shit knowing Egypt was upset with her.

"I really am sorry for that shit back there, boo. I ain't talked to that bitch since and I blocked her number. I'm about you. Foreal."

"Honestly, Karma...I don't know how you expect me to feel right now but I really don't feel like going out anymore. Sorry."

Karma's face fell as the elevator doors opened.

"But..."

Egypt took a step back and turned to go back to her apartment. Karma's skin flushed as she tried not to throw a fit. She followed after Egypt, not caring that she was borderline begging the woman to spend New Years with her.

"I'll text you later." Was the last thing Egypt said to Karma before she opened her front door and stepped inside.

Damn, Karma thought as she stood there, dumbfounded. She sighed and shifted her weight from one side to the other.

Why would I tell her I fucked Lily too?!

Karma bit her lip and walked back to the elevator. If Egypt didn't want to chill with her, she couldn't force her and she damn sure wasn't going back to Lily's apartment now that the cat was out of the bag and AP was still there.

So she stepped on the elevator, opening the Uber app with a pout. As bad as she wanted to be with Egypt tonight, she wanted to bring in the new year with good vibes even more.

Karma was in a new state and after meeting her neighbor, she was in a new state of mind too. Egypt did more than turn the girl on. She inspired her. She made her think about what it was that she wanted to do with her life and push through her fears just like Egypt was doing.

The fact she wasn't afraid to leave her apartment and go next door to Karma's made the girl smile as she sat in the backseat of her Uber's red Durango.

Opening Instagram, Karma knew she could turn her addiction to social media into a dollar, her pictures got so many likes and shares. Something else Egypt's passion made her think of one night.

"I know I said I was going to Walmart but I just typed that so you could pick me up. I'm not from here so I don't know where to go tonight. But I know I wanna turn the fuck up for New Years." Karma said out loud, making eye contact with the young dark skinned man thru the rear view mirror.

"I can pay you extra."

The man nodded and turned the radio down, signaling she had his attention now.

"What's yo vibe?" He asked with a deep voice.

"I'm just tryna chill and drink a lil' bit. Probably a gay bar or somethin'." Karma said and adjusted her small black dress.

"Best gay spot I go to is Mixx Atlanta. Gotta coo vibe and the food straight."

She visibly relaxed at the thought of this intimidating man with long locs down his shoulders being gay too.

"Take me there then."

"Aight."

The car started to move and before she knew it, Karma got lost in her thoughts as her eyes stared out the window.