15. Karma

The next day, Karma woke up bright and early, eager to get her day started. She stayed up all night thinking of ways to not only get Egypt out of her apartment but she also played scenario after scenario in her head, obsessing over each outcome that made Egypt smile. She was addicted to seeing it on her face and was falling for Egypt's smile harder with every passing day.

This was all new to her, the feelings she was developing so quickly for her neighbor.

I don't know what this girl doin' to me but gahdamn, I'm hooked...Karma said to herself as she turned on the shower with thoughts of Egypt keeping her company. She bit her lip and accepted the swarm of butterflies in her belly like she got every time she thought about the woman. She wanted to be with her and for that, she was a little confused.

This wasn't the time she was supposed to be thinking about a relationship but Egypt had a hold on Karma and was making it impossible for the girl to think of any of anything else.

She was obsessed.

Singing love songs was never Karma's thing. But now? She couldn't get them out of her head. As she washed her body and inhaled the green apple body wash, she danced to the rhythm in her head and imagined what Egypt was doing next door.

After wrapping a towel around herself and stepping out of the shower, Karma headed to her bedroom. She got dressed in black Champion sweats and tossed the matching hoodie across the bed before going to stand in front of the mirror.

A bitch look goddamn good bare face and all, Karma boosted herself up and posed. She grabbed her phone off the dresser and snapped a couple of selfies and mirror pics.

Outside, fluffy gray clouds began forming slowly. It was now 9:30am and Karma was ready to see Egypt. Falling back lazily on the bed, she clicked on her and Egypt's text thread, scrolled up to read their last conversation and then she typed out a message and pressed send.

Karma🎵✨🫦
Babyyyyy

Egypt 🇪🇬🎷🤤😍
🤭 So I'm baby now, okayyy😇

Grinning, Karma ignored the thunder outside and texted back eagerly.

Karma🎵✨🫦
Yessss. We go togetha like I told u lmao

When she made the joke after they had sex the other day, she knew Egypt thought she was joking but Karma was being serious. She didn't want to be single anymore.

Egypt changed that in less than a month.

Egypt 🇪🇬🎷🤤😍
Lol your so cute 😫 what's up tho boo? I miss you

Karma blushed reading Egypt's message. She couldn't remember ever feeling so giddy about a girl. But the way Egypt made her feel, it's all she could focus on at the moment.

Typing her reply, Karma nibbled on her bottom lip to prevent herself from smiling too hard.

Karma🎵✨🫦
😍😌 As u should. I wanna come over tho. I miss u too and I want a kiss 😚

Egypt 🇪🇬🎷🤤😍
I always want your kisses 🫦😍

Egypt 🇪🇬🎷🤤😍
I can't believe how much I like you already omg. Come over now tho, I'm making breakfast 😋

Karma melted as she read the text over for the second time. Every time Egypt cooked for her, she liked her even more.

Quickly, she jumped up from bed, went to beat her face lightly, grabbed the hoodie from on the bed and then skipped next door excitedly.

There was a cheesy grin on Egypt's face when she opened the door and laid eyes on Karma. With red cheeks and doe-like eyes, she allowed the younger girl to brush past her before she closed the door.

Instantly, she was pulled into Karma's arms.

"Mmm, hi Karma."

"Hiiiii, Egypt."

"I like how my name sounds when you say it." Egypt blushed and rubbed her neck bashfully.

"Mhmm, can't wait to moan it again." Karma giggled and followed Egypt into the kitchen. "What you cookin'?"

"I woke up craving a breakfast burrito. Soooo...breakfast burritos. I like your sweatsuit."

"Oh this?" Karma twirled around and struck a pose. "I can get you one so we can be twinnin'."

Egypt smiled as she got started on the sausage and eggs.

"Black looks good on you but I'd want pink."

"Eww, pink is so girly."

"Says the girl who looks like a breathing Bratz doll."

"Aww, you think I'm that cute?"

Egypt shook her head, still smiling and ignored the obvious rhetorical question.

Being in the kitchen with Karma made her smile. While she made their breakfast burritos and listened to Karma talk about wanting her own apartment, Egypt daydreamed about cooking for the girl every morning. That thought made her smile from the inside out.

Egypt was a natural born giver so she genuinely liked caring for Karma. The more she liked her, the more she wanted to do for the girl and that made her nervous.

As Karma waited for Egypt to plate their burritos, she sat at the kitchen table scrolling thru her phone. She was on Instagram when a text from AP appeared on her screen.

Rolling her eyes, she opened the text thread.

470-324-0074
u must not be fuckin wit me no more lol thats all u had to say. U ain't gotta be lame.

Karma🍒
I shouldn't have to tell u nothin. We both grown ion gotta explain shit and I been told U what it was. U doin too much

470-324-0074
Man whateva. I was jus tryna fuck anyway 🤷🏾‍♀️

Karma🍒
Aww so u big mad 🤪 girl bye 😂

After blocking AP's number, Karma tossed her phone on the table and glanced up to see Egypt watching her with a small smile.

"You're cute when you don't know I'm watching you."

Karma blushed as her smile widened.

"I wanna take you somewhere today."

"Are you asking or telling?"

"I mean I'm askin' but I'm also kinda tellin' you too. Lily's gon' lemme keep the car today and I wanna take you somewhere. That cool?"

Egypt thought for a second before she nodded.

"Okay, that's cool."