8. Egypt

Brother💙
U gonna be at dinner?

Egypt sat in the bathtub Wednesday morning with her phone in her hand. When her brothers text came through, she clicked on the text thread and mentally scolded herself when she realized how long it had been since she actually reached out to him.

She was bad at keeping contact with people. Especially when everyone's life was moving on and she felt like she was still stuck because technically she was.

Egypt💓
Probably not.

Brother💙
Still scared to leave?

Egypt sighed as she responded, soaking further into the hot water.

Egypt💓
Yes.

Egypt💓
Sorry

Brother💙
We'll bring dinner to u it's coo

She smiled at her brothers thoughtfulness. She felt lucky to have a brother like him as images of them as kids playing together played behind her eyelids.

Egypt💓
🥺you still love me

Brother💙
Lol always sis. See u later

Egypt finished in the tub and took her sweet time doing her makeup. Dinner with her brother and father wasn't until way later so she had time to get pretty. She walked around the apartment in a pink robe for most of the day, cleaning the place to perfection.

When she was satisfied with her work, Egypt finally sat down long enough for her thoughts to catch up with her.

She liked Karma, she couldn't lie to herself about it. It was something about how cute and innocent she appeared but was far from it. She also loved the way the girl looked at her like she only had eyes for her. It filled her stomach with butterflies and covered her arms in goosebumps.

Osiris knocked on the door a little after 6pm.

The siblings embraced each other with smiles bigger than the ocean before they took the next twenty minutes catching up with each other's lives. Egypt couldn't believe how well her brother was doing for himself. The aura around him screamed success, which was something she only dreamed of for herself.

"Dad said he'll be a lil' late, he's caught up at the bank and for us to eat without him." Osiris informed his sister.

"Okay." She replied and started pulling plates from the cabinet. "Damn, I missed your tall ass."

"I missed you too, sis." Osiris grinned and took in his baby sister. It broke his heart knowing she was still too afraid to leave the house but he never made fun of her for it. He hated that he couldn't take away his sisters pain so if he had to come to her just to see her, that's what he was going to do.

After they ate, Egypt led her brother into her safe haven. He took the chair next to hers and admired the neon lights hanging on the ceiling and the black girl magic posters on the walls. He smiled because no matter how many years had passed, she was still his little sister.

"Lemme hear some of your new stuff." Osiris nodded towards the Mac book as she turned it on.

"Okay, I can play something I did yesterday. It's a cover but with my twist on it."

"Okay." Osiris smiled and waited for the track to play.

Egypt didn't get nervous playing her music for people anymore. She wanted people to hear her play. As the music floated in the air, Osiris grinned from ear to ear.