18. Egypt

"Let's take another shot." Karma said, like they hadn't already taken five shots of D'Usse.

Egypt was already drunk. She was a lightweight compared to Lily and Karma. So she shook her head and continued to watch Karma and her little dress that was torturing the woman.

"I'm boutta be drunk as fuck." Karma groaned as she watched Lily pour yet another shot. Egypt shook her head but smiled.

For an hour, the girls drank like fish and enjoyed the trap music Karma had playing through the Bluetooth speaker.

Normally, Egypt didn't listen to that type of music. She liked the feeling calm music gave her because it always inspired her to create her own beautiful melodies. But surprisingly, she caught herself bobbing her head as Gucci Mane filled the living room.

"Sooooo, I been talkin' to a girl." Lily confessed once the bottle was empty and all three girls were sitting on the couch, Egypt practically on Karma's lap as the girl caressed her thighs.

Karma's head shot up.

"Foreal? Oouuu, she pretty? I knew you were talkin' to someone!"

Lily laughed and pulled her phone out, texting back to the girl she was referring to.

"She's cute. She wants to come over and drink with us before the ball drops. What y'all think?"

Egypt wanted to say no. She didn't even want to be hanging out with Lily but she kept that to herself and gazed at Karma's pouty lips covered in lipgloss.

"Ion care. Tell her to bring another bottle."

"You guys wanna smoke? She smokes a lot so she'll probably bring some weed too." Lily said excitedly as she typed away on her phone.

"I don't smoke but she can bring some hot Cheetos." Egypt giggled and lazily pushed Karma from her lap.

"Facts, that sounds so good. Oouuu with some cheese too." Lily chimed in, practically drooling.

Karma frowned and shook her head.

"Sounds nasty."

"Clearly you're from Indiana, boo. Me and ya girl gonna put you on though." Lily laughed and then sat her phone down next to her. "She'll be here in twenty minutes."

~~~

Twenty minutes passed and quickly turned into thirty. Karma could tell her friend was getting impatient. After pouring more drinks for everyone, including Lily's date, she started to join the other two girls in the living room when there was a knock on the front door. 

Since she was already up, she decided to let the stranger inside.

Karma's mouth twitched with irritation as soon as she opened the door and revealed AP standing there with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Hey, Karma."

Karma turned around and went straight for her best friend who was sitting on the couch innocently.

"You invited this bitch?!"

AP entered the living room dressed like she was going on a date. Her locs hung over her shoulders, hiding under a Hawks SnapBack and she had on the matching jersey as well.

Egypt sat uncomfortably as the tension rose 50 degrees hotter.

"Ummm...y'all know each other?" Lily was confused as to why Karma was mad enough to be yelling at her and all AP could do was stand by the couch smiling.

"Clearly. Let's go, Egypt." Karma was pissed.

"Wait, I didn't know that. Karma wait!" Obviously lying because the two had talked about the woman before.

"Why you so mad? You ain't wanna me to do more than finger you so what's the problem?" AP knew she was being messy but she didn't care.

The glint in her eyes let everyone in the room know what time she was on and that upset Egypt. Hearing the girls words made Egypt stand to her feet as well.

Now she was mad too. What the hell? Egypt thought to herself as Karma slipped her hand into hers.

"Fuck you, AP. Baby, let's go, now."

"You coulda did that already. Wassup with the drinks, Lily? A nigga thirsty."

"Thirsty as fuck. She better be gone when I get back, Lily or imma slap both of y'all, on my mama's." Karma was beyond pissed off not only with AP but Lily too.

Sure, she didn't tell anyone what happened that night at the club but she felt like Lily should've already known.

Egypt didn't know what to say once they got on the other side of the apartment. She snatched her hand away from Karma and frowned.

"You let that girl finger you?"

"And I fucked Lily too. There, all my secrets are out so ain't no more damn surprises." Her confession made Egypt's stomach turn.

Standing in the hallway in front of each other, suddenly, Egypt wanted to be alone to process what Karma was telling her. She was just in the room with not only one but two people that have had access to Karma in the same way she had and that upset her.

Normally, she wasn't jealous. It was rare for her to get jealous over another female. But two women had her feeling green.

"I'm gonna go to my place and umm...yeah." Egypt mumbled as she turned her back on Karma, missing the way the girl crossed her arms and pouted.

"Please don't go, Egypt." Karma whines and reached after the woman.

Egypt pulled away and tried her best not to give in to Karma's touch. Her body was already on fire from the liquor, she didn't need Karma making it worse.

"Don't be mad at me, seriously. I didn't know she was comin' or I wouldn't have set none of this up. I wanna spend New Years with you." Karma was full blown whining and she didn't care.

If Egypt thought Karma was just gonna let her go inside, she thought wrong. Egypt sighed and turned to face the younger girl.

"I'm upset, Karma. I like space when I'm upset."

"And I get that but what imma do? Go back inside with them? Hell no. I wanna be with you, Egypt..." Karma paused and then said "I mean...I wanna spend New Years with you."

The way Karma's big brown eyes twinkled as she frowned gave Egypt an unreal amount of butterflies. Damn, how can I say no to her? She thought while biting the inside of her cheek.

Karma shifted her weight from side to side until Egypt finally opened her mouth to say something.

"If that's what you want to do...okay."

"It really is. It's like..." Karma checked the time on her phone quickly. "10:45pm and I wanna take you somewhere."

"Where?"

"Well visiting hours are over now, so not the hospital." Karma said lightly.

"So where?" Egypt asked as she played with her fingers nervously.

It didn't take but .3 seconds for her to get in her head about the last time they tried to make it out of the apartment building and Karma knew it.

Luckily, the alcohol running through Egypt's system made it easy to get distracted when Karma reached out and pulled their bodies closer. They were so close now, their lips grazed.

"Egypt, stop askin' so many questions and let me take you on a lil' date."