Chapter 8: Peace was never an Option

The first month of school passed by like it was the wind, and the students of Class D were as lively as ever. How could they not be? Today was the day where they will get their monthly allowance of 100,000 points and go back to how they were enjoying their lives when they started going to this school.

"They sure are excited today," Kiyotaka commented from where he was as he chose to observe his classmates. There was never a quiet day in this classroom because of things like these.

"Why wouldn't they be? It's the first day of the month. The school will be sending 100,000 points to our accounts, and that's something that a lot of them were waiting for," said Suzune, who was also observing the class like him, which was a bit strange.

Normally, she would read a book instead and choose not to concern herself with class matters.

Kiyotaka turned to her. "That's the strange part, though. When I checked my point balance this morning, I didn't receive a hundred thousand points. I remember it was only about 9,000 points that got sent to me."

Like his classmates, Kiyotaka also looked forward to receiving 100,000 points from the school, just not to the extent as them. However, when he woke up, there wasn't any. The only amount he received was 9,700 points, which was strange.

"So you noticed it too?" Suzune looked at him in return as their gazes locked. "I think I actually received the same amount as you."

"If that's the case, then the same must go for all of our other classmates. They either didn't notice or they thought that they would receive the rest today," Kiyotaka concluded. "What do you think about this situation?"

"I'm not sure..." the girl muttered as she was in deep thought. "But I have a feeling that we won't be receiving any more points today."

"Is that so?" he asked, the curiosity present in his voice. "Assuming Horikita is right and that we won't be getting any more points from the school, then it would make sense why the cafeteria offers free food for the students. It's for those who no longer have any points left in their student accounts. But why would the school give us less than 100,000?"

It didn't take long before the morning bell rang, signaling the start of their class. Everyone immediately went back to their seats after hearing it and not long after, Chabashira-sensei walked inside the classroom. She looked more stern than usual and it was starting to scare some of the students.

"Hey, uh, sensei? Did your menopause start or something?" Ike joked in an attempt to brighten up the situation, but all it did was cause a big wave of nervousness to wash over his classmates. There's no doubt that he only made the situation worse by saying such a thing to their teacher, of all people.

"Before we start our homeroom, does anyone have any questions they want to ask? If so, now is the time to ask them." Thankfully, it didn't seem like Chabashira was affected by that remark from Ike. She still looked serious, though, and right after she invited her students to bring up any questions that they might have, several of them raised their hands.

"Uh, sensei? I checked my point balance this morning... but I only got about 10,000 points, I think? Are we going to get the rest of our 100,000 points later today?"

"Yeah, the same happened for me, actually. Is something wrong with the app, Sae-chan-sensei?"

"I already explained this before, didn't I? Points are distributed on the first day of every month. Points have already been given to the students for this month hours earlier. And I can assure you, there is nothing wrong with the student ID application."

"Eh? But only 10,000 points got deposited to my account..."

Hondou and Yamauchi looked at each other, as they wondered what was going on. Ike was the same, completely different from his boisterous self a while ago. Everyone else only looked on, torn between feeling confused and nervous about this.