Beginnings

"Father please" a crying Maryanna pleaded sitting on her knees in front of her father who just shook his head. She fell to the floor crying "Why are you sacrificing me to that... that... one-eyed creeper.. please I am begging you I am only one and seven years old" she looked up and through her tears she saw her father standing up. He grabbed her by the arm and dragged her up on her feet "This is your duty child! Just like your mother's duty was marrying me and producing children!! She was your age even!" he seemed angry he did not show any remorse. Maryanna knew this would be coming one day, her mother said herself.

The day she was born her father started to look around for the best suitor not for her, but for their house. Like a cow being sold was all she was. Maryanna let her head sulk back down as she wept. "What about me? My life?" she softly spoke. Her father looked at her. "Losing one life is better than ruining the whole family" he spoke under his breath and let go of Maryanna. She looked at him unable to breath. Her father just casts her off like a pawn to put her family's house on a good foot with the Targaryen family.

Maryanna was seated on a bench in her family's gardens. Hands folded in her lap. Mother was sitting next to her in silence. In only a few days she would be traveling to her new home in Kings Landing. Maryanne looked up with sadness in her eyes. That was all she had been since her father told her what was expected of her.

"You have lost your smile Mary" her mother spoke softly and taking her hand in hers. Maryanne pulled her hand back "I do not want to go..." she looked up and tried to plead her not to let her go but she knew it was wasted energy. Her mother shifted around on the bench before standing up. "Just let him do what he wants when he is with you... and cry after..." she said with a harsh tone.

Maryanne looked back down and shook her head. Was this what her life was going to be? To be a toy and breeding cow for her soon-to-be husband.

The carriage was hobbling over the path, Maryanne was inside with her father. "Maryanne... the Queen will be awaiting for us at arrival... I expect you to at least act happier..." He said with a stern voice. Maryanne just nodded and looked through the wooden latter window outside.

The Kings Landing castle dooming up in the distance. She fiddled with the front lace of her dress while waiting for them to arrive. When the carriage came to a standstill her father stood up and grabbed her wrist "Do not fuck this up" he said.

Maryanne flinched and nodded. She plastered a soft smile on her face when the carriage door opened. The first to step out was her father. She saw him bowing before queen Alicent. He turned around and extended his hand out to Maryanne.

He made a soft gesture with his head for her to come out. "And this is my daughter.... Maryanne". Maryanne swallowed and stepped out into the light taking her father's hand. Stepping down and onto the ground. When she looked up, she was met with the queen, to whom she curtsied

"Good day Queen... thank you for receiving me" she said a small crack in her voice. The queen nodded "Welcome dear Maryanne.... I want you to meet my son... your betrothed Aemond Targaryen"

Maryanne now saw the long skinny guy standing next to her. Long almost white hair and an eye patch. The other eye was almost piercing right through her. That look gave her the chills.

She turned towards him and also curtsied "My prince" she said He nodded "I am looking forward to the coming few days Lady Maryanne" he said taking her hand in his and softly kissing it.

Her heart was beating out of her chest right now. Aemond let go of her hand and turned to his mother. "Mother... if I may excuse myself" he said. Queen Alicent nodding. Great thought Maryanne. A man that after he done his deed ran off to God knows where.