Prince Aeron

20 years have passed since Maryanne and Aeron left Kings Landing

"Helen!! Could I speak with you for a moment please" Maryanne laid down a piece of cloth next to the easel with a big half done painting on it. A beautiful black haired girl of one and three peaked her head around the corner of the room and nodded

"yes mother?" She spoke. Maryanne smiled and gestured her to come closer "Your father has asked us to join him on a sail.." she softly spoke. Helen perked up "Has he! Ohh where too mother.. please tell me Aeron is coming too!" She spoke clapping her hands together.

Maryanne stood on the bow of the ship watching her husband Solomon Slait and Aeron load up a big wooden box onto the ship. Helen stood beside her "Mother? Have you visited Kings Landing before?" Maryanne turned to meet her gaze and nodded "Long ago... when Aeron was just a mere babe..." She spoke. Helen and Aeron both knew that they not shared a father but Maryanne had never freely spoken about the Targaryen family and Aeron's father or Rhaelor, Aegon's older brother.

Helen smiled as Aeron called for her to help them as they fastened the ropes. She took off immediately dashing down to her father and brother.

Maryanne smiled as she watched the three of them together. Helen and Solomon looked scarily alike. Both jet black straight hair and the slight warming tone of skin. Aeron looked nothing like them. He had inherited his father's long slender statue and light blonde straight hair. Only his was cut short and his eyes were a light blue. His skin had stayed as light as it always had been even under the sun of Essos.

A few days passed until they finally saw land. "Helen look over there!" Aeron said as he pointed towards the red keep "there lives the king... King Aegon III Targaryen" He said proudly. Maryanne shifted and Solomon laid a hand on her shoulder "Just tell him.." he whispered in her ear. Maryanne laid her head down on his shoulder and smiled.

The war had been fought and the city of Kings Landing was once again calm and full of people. As the ship docked and Solomon instructed the ports men to help carry everything of the ship she took Aeron's hand and looked at him "Walk with me son" She spoke.

Together they walked through the streets coming closer to the red keep. She saw eyes follow Aeron as he walked next to her. She had no idea if anyone would recognize her, but it had been 20 years and she had changed. Aeron they couldn't recognize as he was only a few days old when she fled. But his white blond hair might be a give away to his heritage.

They sat down on a patch of grass overlooking the red keep. Maryanne took her sons hand in his "I have never told you the story of your father... your family" she started. "But mother... father.. Helen.. and you are my family.." He took his mother's hand in his.

Maryanne shook her head "No you deserve the truth son... you have heard the tales of the Targaryen family I suppose...." Aeron nodded.

"Well... you too have heard of there signature white blond hair and fair skin?... haven't you asked yourself why people always look at you with a side eye everywhere you go? That is because you are Aeron Targaryen.... Son of Aemond One-eye Targaryen.... Brother of late King Aegon II Targaryen.... " Maryanne blurted out.

Aeron said nothing and seemed as if he was frozen to the spot.

"I fled Kings Landing when you were just a few days old... for our own safety... a war was looming... between the blacks and the greens..." Maryanne said cupping Aeron's face.

"The dance of the dragons" He said under his breath. Maryanne nodding in agreement. "I fled and met Solomon on the boat that sailed me to Essos... away from the family I was forced into... the castle with ears and eyes everywhere.... Away from the little life I build.... From your brother....." she spoke a tear escaping her eye.

Aeron looked at her and wiped away the tear sliding down her cheek. "Rhaelor... he was the light of my life... he would have been such a good brother to you... A head full of blonde curls and a laugh that could fill a room" she smiled through her tears and leaned into Aarons hands.

Aeron hugged his mother and rubbed her back "It is okay mother.... You did what you had to do"

Maryanne nodded and raised her head again wiping away her tears and her face going from sad to determined. "That is true... but now we must bend the knee to the King that now sits... We have to Aeron... to show them that I never wished for any of this..."

"Halt... who are you" The guard standing in front of the red keeps wall doors spoke. Maryanne stepped forward "I am unarmed... as is my son... Aeron... Aeron Targaryen... I am Lady Maryanne Arryn... I wish to speak to the King and bend the knee...."

Aeron was looking at his mother with eyes lingering between his mother and the guard that looked down at his own mother. All he knew was that he had his mother and his father was not Solomon but he did care for the boy he used to be like as if he was. He had made no exception between Helen or Aeron ever. Something Maryanne treasured in her now husband more than anything.

The guard snorted and opened the gates. They now were surrounded by multiple guards who led them into the castle. Aeron looking around him with his mouth open watching all the Targaryen sigils and dragon pieces littering everywhere he could see.

"Mother... I am sorry but what the actual hell?" He muttered softly as they entered the throne room. The throne towering before him as he followed the stairs up with his eyes they fell onto the figure sitting upon it. He looked just like him. White blonde hair and slender. A crown on his head and a sword in his hand.

"Prince Aeron Targaryen and his lady mother Maryanne Arryn your grace..." The guard behind them spoke. Aeron looked up and saw the King had made his way down with no emotion showing. Maryanne instantly stood in front of her son

"My King... we wish to bend the knee....to swear our everlasting loyalty to you and house Targaryen..." Maryanne spoke as she went to the floor sitting on her knees, with that pulling Aeron down who followed his mother. "We are both deeply sorry for the loss you have endured at the hands of my husband and his kin.... We cannot take that pain away unfortunately... I have been living with that pain for 20 years my King... we are not here to usurp or to take your place... we are merely here to pledge our loyalty and allegiance..." She bowed her head and let a tear flow.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder "The debts will never be paid for me Lady Maryanne... but both sides have slayed and murdered.... Both have done wrongs..... For that I cannot hold you accountable... Please stand" Aegon said.

Maryanne and Aeron raised and looked at Aegon who had a slight smile on his face. He held out his hand to Aeron "Pleasure to meet you Prince Aeron...." He spoke regally.

Aeron looked at his mother still gob smacked but took the Kings hand and nodded

"A pleasure indeed"

Well... this is it! the last chapter!! I hope you all enjoyed it as much I did writing it... Thank you all so much!!

Xxx Eline