Storms End

Maryanne was rocking little Aeron after his feeding when Aemond waltzed in the room his riding leathers on "Maryanne... The King and mother have bided me to go to storms end.. to gather Lord Baratheon's powers against the blacks.... I will be back soon" He planted a soft kiss on Aeron's head and one on Maryanne's forehead. "Be safe husband" she said waving him off as he left the door.

The days were filled with caring for her son and sitting with Helaena and the twins. She didn't see a lot of the new king, Alicent and Otto as she heard they were very busy planning out their next moves.

A few days had passed and she expected the return of her husband any day now. She had heard whispers around the castle the blacks were gathering their forces to attack the greens and that made her feel slightly on edge, she already lost one son. She couldn't lose another one.

She walked the halls of the castle with Aeron cradled in her arms. As she passed the throne room, She could hear voices and stopped to listen if she could hear something "Seven hells Aemond! You may have just kickstarted a fucking war!" she could hear Alicent yell. Maryanne's heart sank.

"You and Vhagar killed Lucerys Velaryon!!"

Otto sneered and she heard Aemond scoff. Maryanne looked down at Aeron. Something bad must have happened, Aemond had returned and was being accused of murder. Suddenly she was taken aback by a familiar hand on her shoulder.

"An eye for an eye... A son for a son..."

Helaena spoke a looking at her with clouded eyes. Maryanne flinched and looked down back at Aeron and she breathed out. Helaena seemed to have snapped out of her trance and looked her in the eyes.

"Go... now sister... it is not safe her anymore... no one is to be trusted..." She too looked down at Aeron and smiled sadly. Suddenly she leaned closer to Maryanne and whispered in her ear "A ship is set to sail tonight.... To the free cities.... Take what you can and leave... don't ever look back..." She let go and gave Aeron a quick kiss on his head.

Maryanne cuddled Aeron closer as she picked up the pace running back to her chambers. She laid down Aeron on her bed and started running around her room. She grabbed a small pouch and stuffed it full of golden jewelry to sell. She grabbed a satchel bag and stuffed it full with more jewelry and threw it on the bed. The little vial of milk of the poppy gathered her attention and she softly poked her pinky in it and fed it to Aeron to keep him silent during this destressing time.

She put on a pair of leather boots and wrapped Aeron in a black swaddle. She strapped him to her chest with another piece of cloth and searched around for her black cloak. She hung it over herself and pulled the hood over her head.

As she leaped to the place next to the fireplace she saw her sketchbook laying there. The only memories of her first son were in there, she slipped it in the bag with the dagger that laid next to it. Her hands felt at the wall until she hit the right spot and she could leap into the darkness.

But before doing that she sighed, she threw Aeron's blanket in the fire with a few pieces of pig that had bones in it. She had to make it seem like this was a horrible scene. She grabbed one of her dresses and tore it to pieces scattering the floor, she threw some stuff around the floor and pushed over a chair as if she was in a tussle with someone.

Tearing a piece of paper from her notebook she scratched on the words A son for a son and laid it by the fire. One last time she looked around the room and sighed before retreating into the dark pathway that lead down to the streets of Kings Landing.

With the dagger in hand concealed under her cloak she picked up her pace through the streets of Kings Landing. She brushed past many man and women, drunk or trying to sell their bodies or their wares. The sun had started to set so she was sure no one would really notice who she was.

Maryanne sighed with relieve as she ascended down the stairs and reached the port. "I demand to be taken to the ship that sails to the free cities tonight" She demanded to the man that oversaw the ports business. He chuckled but before he could say anything she held out a golden necklace. He nodded "Follow me..." He said starting to walk to a big ship with white sails.

Maryanne noticed the young man that stood at the ship fastening some wooden boxes to the ships side. "Captain Slait!" The ports man spoke as he approached him. He didn't look much older than Aegon she thought. But he was a handsome young man. Jet black hair and a sharp jawline. She saw the captain look her way and nod to the other man. "Ma'am... Captain Slait has no problem with you sailing to the free cities with him so... I wish you safe travels" he said offering his hand to help her on the ship.

Maryanne looked up a little and smiled "You have my gratitude good sir" she replied. She took a seat on one of the wooden boxes that was standing on the deck of the ship. She looked back at the castle she had called home the last few years and sighed.

A tear escaped her eye as she thought about the fact she left her first son behind, she had him in her heart forever. But now he was only memories nothing to grasp on anymore, only a sketch in her little sketchbook.

Another tear for the safety of Aeron and herself, one that she could now give better than if she remained at the red keep. The thought crossed her mind to go back to her parents and her childhood home, but if they found out she left and not had been taken that would be the first place they tried to find her. And let's not forget the blacks that were now out for her sons blood.

The boat began to sway away from the port and the castle's imagine got smaller and smaller until it was almost fully engulfed in the darkness that now surrounded her. Only the sounds of water hitting the boat and the wind blowing around her was heard.

"Ma'am... I have a place in the belly of the boat if you wish to stay out of the wind for the evening" the captain spoke. Maryanne looked up and smiled "Why thank you sir... " she started walking to the door the captain of the ship pointed at but stopped "What did the ports man say if I may ask? For you to take me and my young babe with you to the free cities" She asked turning around.

The captain smiled a little and chuckled "He didn't he just gave me this" He rummaged through his pockets and held up the golden necklace Maryanne had given to the man at the port. She smiled and nodded before retreating to the belly of the boat.

The next day as the sun started to shine Aemond ran to the throne room. "Aegon you fucking ass!" Aemond spoke as he ran up to his brother now his King. Aegon smiled "Well well who do we have here.. the Kin slayer hmmm.. I am proud of you for murdering one of those bastards.." He said with a smirk.

Suddenly Helaena burst through the door and ran up to them "Aemond! Maryanne and Aeron are missing!" Both of the men looked at her with big eyes. "What?" They spoke in unison. "They are gone! The maids this morning found the room a mess and the two of them gone" She spoke and a tear escaped her eye.

Aemond started running with Helaena following close behind him. They burst through the doors and gasped at the sight of the room. Helaena pointed at the fire place as Aemond picked up the pieces of Maryanne's dress.

Aemond noticed her pointing and walked over to the fireplace. His eye fell on the piece of paper and as he picked it up and read it his eye fell on the smoldering fireplace. "No..." Aemond gasped as his hand slithered over to the burned blanket. He looked over at Helaena who had lowered her head.

"A son for a son"