The strangers takes and the gods give

Maryanne sat on a chair in her own chambers, A black dress laying still on the bed. Maids had pulled her hair up in a tight bun and pinned a black veil over it.

Aemond stood beside the table his sons body was on. Carefully wrapped by the silent sisters. He laid perfectly still. He toyed with the wooden dragon in his hands as he let himself kneel in front of the table. Softly placing the wooden toy on the little boys chest.

Everyone gathered outside around the burn pile made for only a small body. Maryanne crouched in front of her son and kissed his head on last time. Aemond behind her a hand on her shoulder. The wind swept the soft scents of different fragranced oils into their noses masking the dead body odor.

They stood back, Queen Alicent, Prince Aegon and Princess Helaena behind them. Otto stood behind Alicent and had a hand on her shoulder. Multiple guards surrounded them all and a few maids also standing by them.

Aemond had abided this to be a small family affair, not something every other lord could come and see and later that night drink and whore around flea bottom over. Their son was worth more than that. Maryanne had agreed and so it was only a few people.

Vhagar emerged from the sky and sat down by the burn pile. Maryanne laid a hand on her small swelling stomach and the other she slid in her husbands giving him a small squeeze assuring him it was okay.

Aemond rose his head and turned to Vhagar "Dracarys" he spoke sternly to the big she dragon. She huffed and looked at her rider once more before returning her gaze at the little burn pile before she opened her mouth and spewed fire onto it. They all stood back as they watched he pile burn. One by one people started to leave only leaving Maryanne and Aemond behind to have a moment alone.

Months had passed by, The castle had mostly returned to its normal behaviors. Maryanne did not. As her stomach swell she stayed in her chambers more. Her labor approached slowly and she didn't even going out for a small walk through the garden, not visiting the twins and Helaena. She had grown cold towards everyone around her. Even Aemond.

The Kings health had been rapidly declining too so Queen Alicent had been busy with different tasks as was her father the hand. She had heard Vaemond Velaryon had written the king to become heir of driftmark after his brother, Lord Corlys was gravely injured on the battlefield. Now the title should be going to Lucerys Velaryon son of Rhaenyra Targaryen and Laenor Velaryon. Maryanne herself didn't care much for those politics and remained in her room as their guests had arrived.

Aemond was in the yard training with Ser Criston Cole and winning as he held his sword by the trained guards "My prince... You will be winning tournees in no time" Ser Criston spoke as he panted lightly. Aemond looked aside when at his dear nephews "I don't give a shit about tournees....Nephews... have you come to train?" He said with a cold voice.

In the castle Helaena scurried into Maryanne's chambers as the evening fell "Sister... we would all appreciate it very much if you come to dine with us this evening... please... the whole family is together" she tried softly laying a hand on Maryanne's belly but Maryanne flinched and swatted her hand away.. Helaena nodded and left the room

"And?" Alicent questioned as Helaena entered her mothers chambers, she shook her head and sighed "She refuses everything... she wouldn't even let me touch her belly" Helaena answered.

Maryanne had Rhaelor's crib on her own room ever since he was a baby and refused to let anyone take it away after he died, not even after all the nights she spent crying next to it. Aemond had begged her to let him help her but she refused. Refused to even let the maids touch her. Not the Maesters to check on her pregnancy not her husband not anyone.