Babes and Blood

Maryanne's belly had grown so much she didn't care much about pretty dresses as she lounged around her chambers. The days and nights had grown together as her body was exhausted but she couldn't fathom sleep.

As her body ached she laid in a warm bath. The warm water gave her some relief and seemed to calm the babe in her belly too. Aemond sat lounging on the chair by the fire reading a book while Maryanne was helped out of the bath and dressed. Aemond turned his head and smiled softly as Maryanne scurried into the room and let herself fall on the chair besides him. Breathing heavily she looked at him "I can assure you that this is no way funny" she spat at him.

Aemond leaned his head back to his book and smirked while shaking his head. Maryanne's eyes grew heavy with the crackling fire in front of her as her body ache was settled down a bit after the hot bath. Aemond laid a soft blanket over her and sat back down with his book. A servant boy made his way into their chambers. "My Prince.... The queen and king request you and your lady wife's presence on the castle's ground this midday as guests will be arriving..." Aemond looked up and nodded gesturing the boy to leave. Maryanne grunted in her sleep.

Aemond sighed and looked at her, he thought about not waking her and just leaving her be, but he would not want her to get a scolding from his mother for being disgraceful. He walked over to the maid "Please fetch my wife the most comfortable dress for her but make it.. gracious enough for attending a formal event" He knew the babe would be born in the coming days and didn't want to make in anymore hard for her than it already was.

The maid came back with a dark brown colored dress without a strangling corset to give space for her belly. He took the dress from the maid and gestured for her to leave. He made his way over to the sleeping Maryanne and softly kissed her on the forehead as a try to wake. She grunted again and sighed "What now" her sleepy voice croaked. Aemond sighed and helped her sit up "I am afraid my mother and father request our presence this midday...." He said with a soft smile as he looked at her. Maryanne's head fell down and she sighed heavily. "Please let me help you" He offered as he helped her get her night shift off and slipped the dress on her and fastened it loosely. Maryanne hung onto Aemond as he helped her put on the dress. Something that already exhausted her. She dreaded having to walk all the way down.

He dresses her as they both stayed silence. Aemond looked down at Maryanne with guilt showing in his face. He did this to her, he fulfilled his duty to bring forth an heir but he didn't like seeing his wife in this state and now his mother had summoned them both knowing of her situation. How could she he thought.

He laid his arm around Maryanne's waist for support and she in return gave him a small smile. The walk down was slow and also very silent. As they turned the corner Helaena turned around and gave them both a sweet smile. Aegon didn't even look and Alicent looked like her usual rigid self. "Mother..." Aemond muttered and Maryanne tried to curtsy but couldn't, Alicent gave her a sympathetic nod which surprised her.

As they took place standing next to Helaena and Aegon. The carriage with their guests made itself heard while the wheels clattered over the stones. Maryanne sighed as she felt a pain thrust through her belly. Her hand gripping it Aemond looked at her and laid his hand on hers to ease her pain. The guests stepped out and low and behold it was Hightower family. Alicent's dear uncle. Her father's brother had graced them with his presence.

Was this really the reason for Maryanne to endure her last few days in agony? Aemond looked at his mother as he heard Maryanne breath heavy. He quickly answered as his great uncle was smiling and talking with his mother. He looked at Maryanne and decided enough was enough he shot his mother a quick look and swiftly picked up Maryanne in one go "Please excuse me as I escort my heavily pregnant wife inside" he didn't wait for any answers but carried her inside and sat her down on a chair closest to him and put her down.