Chapter Eighty-Three

"Of-bloody-course Spy found 'er!" Demo complained as he watched you two enter the living room.

"Naturally," Spy smirked, causing you to roll your eyes with a small smile.

"I'm just glad yer okay, darlin'," Engie seemed to let go of a breath he held.

"Is it time for dinner?" Scout skipped into the room like a little kid.

"Uh, yeah yeah. Let me finish it first." Engie shook his head and stepped behind the kitchen doors. Scout jabbed a thumb at him.

"What's up with 'im?"

"Nothing, lad. Let's go eat," Demo dismissed the question and clapped Scout on the shoulder. Scout himself looked thoroughly confused, but also... disappointed? Demo followed Engie into the kitchen. Spy rolled his eyes.

"No, seriously, Strats. What's the deal?" Scout asked you.

"I don't know honestly. They're just being themselves I guess," you shrugged innocently. Scout took a minute to study you before shrugging and walking off. He plopped onto the couch. Without a word, Spy followed suit and sat on the chair.

Eventually, they called for dinner, and you ate with your team. It was rather uneventful.

"Where did you go?" Demo asked nonchalantly. Please don't make me answer that.

"What do you mean?" You played dumb. Demo's brows furrowed a little.

"We couldn't find ya for like an hour! Ya weren't in your room, the arena, or outside!" You could tell he was starting to get upset.

"Demo, I don't know what to tell you-"

"Tell me where YA BLOODY WERE!"

The silence was loud. Demo had never raised his voice at you yet. In short, you were stunned. The others were as well, and... well, Medic looked pissed.

"What if I wanted some privacy...?" You kept your voice still and calm.

"That's not tha point!" You sighed.

"Then what is the point?" Demo looked like he was ready to break down.

"We, we just need ta keep ya safe," his voice cracked. "Ta not know where ya were after what happened..." -he cleared his throat, righting himself- "it's not going to happen again. Ya need ta tell us where yer goin'." You considered your options for a response, but chose to challenge him against your fears.

"I appreciate your concern, but I believe I've shown I can handle myself-"

"No, ya can't." You scanned the table, no one seemed up to stopping him, even Spy, who was on your side just thirty minutes prior.

"Well, I'm sorry that I haven't proven that to you yet." With that, you stood up.

"Aw, lass!" Demo seemed to regret his words. You put your dishes away and started to leave. "Wait just a minute, now!"

Shaking your head, you calmly walked off.

You had to blow off some steam, but you didn't know where to go to do it. You walked around the base, thinking the arena was too out in the open, the tower had nothing to do, and the training facility would be too loud. You just wanted to be alone in a small, confined space... that was it.

You snuck off to Sniper's camper, gently closing the garage door without letting anyone know where you went. Sure, it'd be mean to disappear on Demo after what he said, but you just didn't care. You were too pissed off. You hopped in the back and sat down at the small table. Sniper slept here last time I was here. You remembered the events leading up to it and lost your smile. Just another problem I had to sort through with them. What am I even supposed to do?