Chapter Twenty-Six

You entered the base feeling calm. Of course it's still awkward to have what happened come up when we all talk, but at least the situation didn't escalate as far as it could have. Ugh... I need to have better control of myself. As you both entered the living room, Engie made his way to the couch and sat back down.

"Yo! Strategist! Wanna race now?" Scout asked, jumping up off of the couch.

"Um, okay, sure," you agreed.

"Wait you two, we need ta eat lunch first. It's already after noon," Engie pointed out, stopping you.

"Correct, and ze food iz ready. Strategist, could you get ze others?" Spy asked you, exiting the kitchen. If you were to be timid and untrusting, it would be with this man. He's sneaky and seems to just know everything.... What else does he know about me?

"Oh, uh sure," you said, nodding. We're missing Soldier, Pyro, and Medic. I can hear Demo already at the table drinking, Sniper's at the recliner still, and Heavy looks half-asleep on the couch with Scout and Engie. I didn't see Soldier or Pyro outside, so they must be in their rooms. Medic said he was in the Medbay... and not to bother him. Okay, you can do this.

You went to Pyro's room on the corner of the hallway opposite of yours. You knocked on the door and waited for them to answer. After a brief moment, they opened the door. They seemed to stare at you, the only sound you heard was their breathing behind the mask. Creepy....

"Lunch is ready Pyro," you managed to tell them without stuttering. They said nothing and moved past you into the living room, closing the door to their room behind them. That was weird. You walked down the hallway of rooms and gave Soldier's door a stern knock. He opened the door and stared down at you stiff as ever from under the helmet. "Lunch is ready, Soldier."

"Thank you for the information Cupcake!" He said as loud as ever. You nodded, stepping aside to let him practically march by. You closed the door for him. Okay, Medic's last. You can do this... wait. Why am I prepping myself to tell a dude lunch is ready? That's just stupid! ... You can do this (Y/n). You walked slowly over to the Medbay doors. You knocked on one of them.

"Are jou dying?" Medic called, sounding annoyed as he approached you from somewhere in the Medbay. A bit on the inside.

"Er, no, b-," you start to say.

"Then vhy are jou here?" He appeared from the doors and stared down at you.

"I-I was just trying to say lunch is ready, Medic."

"Hmph, right. Jou could have just told me." He walked away without any further acknowledgement. I can never do anything right by this guy! You silently followed him back into the living room.

"Zere you are. Thank you, Strategist," Spy thanked you.

"It was no problem," you responded. You all took your place at the table. The meal was a steak taco salad. Man, Spy put a lot into this one. "Thank you for cooking, Spy."

"Not a problem. Please enjoy."

Nodding, you dug in, suddenly feeling very hungry. This has already been a crazy day and it's barely half-way over. What else do I have to expect?

"So," Spy started. "What did each of 'ou do this morning?" You stopped chewing and tensed up. The others did as well.

"What? What happened?" Scout asked, looking at each of your faces. Heavy dabbed his brow with a napkin.

"Training with Soldier," you tried to calmly state and shoved food in your mouth to keep from speaking.

"More had to 'ave happened than that! C'mon, tell us!"