Planning

Ash
Arachne whimpers wake me from a restless snooze. I immediately sit up and go to him. "Shhh...." I lay my palm on his cheek as his teeth chatter. "Shhh Arch... I'm here."
"It... hurts." He forces out.
"I know...." My eyes begin to water as I look down at his torso. "I need to check if you're still bleeding...." He shakes his head with a sob.
"No. No. Don't touch it." I inhale at the break in his voice and reach for the cloth over him.
"I'm sorry. I need to check." I peel back the thin sheet and gag at the sight. Blood and pus ooze from the gap in his side where they tore his leg from his body. "Oh Arch..." I whisper as I lay the cloth back down. Looking back at his face I notice the sweat leaking down his temporal. "I need to clean it again." I tell myself and grab the water bottle from the corner. He groans and tries to grab me. "No, Arachne, please lay still."
"No, it's gonna hurt. Hurt. Hurt. Hurt more." He meets my eyes and I stare into his blown pupils. "It's never gonna stop hurting, Ash! Kill me!" I gasp. He covers his face with a painful cowl, "oh god please just kill me. Kill me! Kill me, Ash! Please...." I grab his hands and hold them to me.
"I'll make it stop...." I slowly slither over to the front of the cage and look around outside.
"Please, help him! Hello! We need medical! There's someone sick down here!" I look back at Arachne as he starts shaking harder, "please! I'll do anything just help him! Someone help him!"
"Anything you say?" I gulp and look back at the man that's appeared.
"A-anything... just please let him live...."

Arachne
My body shivers as I open my eyes. The white hot pain isn't what woke me up this time. My vision is blurry but I still try to look at my surroundings. "Ash...?" I call out weakly, immediately I hear his scales rub against each other and feel a hand against my cheek.
"Hey, hey, you're awake." His voice cracks as I strain to turn my head, "how do you feel?" I grab at his arms trying to sit up, "Arachne, don't sit up, you're still healing." I look at the bandages wrapped around my torso and inhale.
"W-what... how'd...." I look up into Ash's gold eyes as he exhales a heavy breath,
"Someone was here and they helped..."
"Y-you let someone in here?"
"Arch, listen-,"
"You let someone touch me! Touch my legs?!" I sit up and feel my stomach cramp but don't stop as I try to move back into the corner,
"Arch, please listen-,"
"No!" I shout, "you let someone... something hurt me!" My eyes water as I grip my sides, "I would've been fine-,"
"No you wouldn't have!" He grabs both my arms in a crushing grip causing mt eyes to shoot to his. His jaw clenched and his eyes are full of emotion. What kind I can't figure out. "Arachne, you were full of infection and seizing before I could get help! You would've... you could've died." I inhale as he lets go of me and slithers over to a bin in the corner. My eyebrow raises because that wasn't there before. He comes back over and winds his tail around us both. I flinch as he reaches for me making him freeze. "Bug, please..." he raises something over my head and slips it on. Black fills my vision before it's gone and I look down. A sweater is placed over me making me immediately pull my arms through the holes.
"Where'd you...." He sighs and throws an arm around me,
"Now I'm gonna ask again, how do you feel?" I lean against his side and close my eyes. The pain is gone, I realize, and the dizziness.
"Better," I whisper and look up at him. "Much better. It doesn't hurt," I shrug, "like it did." I bring my hand up and cover the side where the bandages are beginning to soak with red. "What did they do?"
"Cleaned it out and stitched it up. There was a lot of splinters of... bone." I shiver,
"Thank you... for saving me."
"I love you, Arachne. I couldn't let you die on me. We're gonna get out of here. I promise. And now that you're healed. I think I found a way...."