Hotel Obsidian

When you finally made it downstairs, you saw Vanya crashing into a table. Your eyes narrowed, and you looked around for her assailant, fuming.

Meanwhile

"Luther, we gotta go, come on!" Allison shouted as they raced down the hallway, grabbing his shoulder and tearing him away from the girl who controlled gravity.

"Where the hell is Eight?" Five gasped, glancing around desperately as the crow girl chased them. "Allison, I left her with you!"

"Shit, I don't know!" Allison replied. "I thought she was behind me."

"We have to go back," Five said. "I'm not leaving her."

"Me either," Diego replied, but they were cut off by crows chasing them into the next room and pecking at the door as Five flashed away.

"Shit, I hate that he can do that."

Your POV

You hid behind a pillar, watching hatefully as the Sparrow Academy surrounded Vanya. You needed to do something, but your power was running low. The man who controlled fire looked around suspiciously, as though he knew you were still there.

"Vanya, get out of there!" you heard Five shout.

Suddenly, the fire man stuck his hand out as though to attack her. Flames danced on his fingertips, racing toward Vanya, who lay defenseless on the floor...

Almost without realizing it, you darted forward, trapping him and his fire in a force field as Vanya's power began to glow from her chest. She didn't know you were there.

"Shit, shit, shit," you whispered. "Vanya, no-!"

But you were too late.

You went flying into the wall, your spine hitting the wood with a sickening crack. As you slid to the floor, your thigh scraped along a shard of glass from a lamp, and you sobbed breathlessly. Everything in you ached, from your head to your toes, and you didn't know how you would get up again.

But the fire man had been protected by your force field, unlike the rest of the weakened Sparrows. He stood over you as the leader spoke to Vanya, your ears ringing too fiercely to understand.

He said something you couldn't hear, your vision spinning, before scooping you up in his arms. You struggled, calling to your power, but it never came.

He dumped you just outside the front door, bleeding and bruised, avoiding his siblings. You were just glad he didn't kill you. Why didn't he kill you?!

Nothing made sense anymore.

You let yourself lay on the concrete, your cheek pressing into the cement, for only a minute or two. Then you forced your hands to the ground, shakily getting to your feet and leaning against the building. You slowly made your way alongside it until a frantic Five blinked in front of you. 

Surprised and still paranoid that the fire man would return, you jerked back a step, nearly falling. Five, however, stepped forward and caught you, holding you to his chest.

"Shit, (Y/N)," he said, gently brushing aside the hair that was stuck to your face with blood. "I thought they had you. I'm sorry I left, I... I didn't know that you were still inside. What the hell happened?"

"I'm okay," you said after catching your breath. "What happened to your forehead?" You reached your hand up to brush your fingertips against the deep gash, eyes wide.

He looked away, seemingly embarrassed.

"I... nothing. You look like you walked through hell, (Y/N). Let's get you to the others." You leaned on him for support, limping toward where your siblings were searching for you and trying to ignore the pain in your shredded thigh. Five seemed tense, his eyes narrowed and jaw clenched, his anger at the Sparrows evident.