The Games Begin

The four of you rode the elevator to the third floor, silently walking into a large room that held two queen beds. "Someone went through a lot of trouble to hide this thing," Allison observed dryly, like the topic didn't really matter to her.

"How big is it supposed to be?" Viktor asked, verbalizing your thoughts. How far did the edges of this strange anomaly stretch?

"You know, dear old Reg didn't say," Allison responded smoothly, striding over to the widow and peering into the blinding white.

"Really?" Five asked at your side, hands in his pockets. "Hm. That's surprising. I figured you'd know more about his plan." He smiled fakely at her, and they stared each other down for a moment. You sighed and inspected one of the night tables.

"Sorry, what's that supposed to mean?" Allison questioned, trying to appear innocent.

"I saw you and him in the White Buffalo Suite during the wedding," he replied accusatorially. Allison's eyes flicked to you in shock as Viktor spoke.

"I don't know if now's the right time-"

"You know," Allison said, finally glancing away from you, "I heard that you blacked out last night."

Five appeared unfazed. You eyed Allison suspiciously, unsure of why she had looked at you so hatefully. "I did, and it took me a while to remember what I saw, but I do remember, Allison. You and Dad made some kind of deal." He strode closer to Allison as she scoffed, looking down at the floor. "And then I think you found Eight and rumored her to forget about it."

Your eyes snapped up to look at them, but he didn't glance away from Allison's face, his jaw tensed. Viktor and you exchanged a surprised look, his mouth open slightly.

"What did you agree to?"

"A deal?"

"Mhm," Five said condescendingly, still smiling up at her.

"With Dad?" They just stared at each other for a moment as you clenched your fists hatefully, unable to transfer your anger anywhere else. Why hadn't you suspected it before? She'd rumored you, making you forget her interaction with Reginald, and... Five's possible proposal. You looked down at your ring finger, feeling like crying. You didn't know if you or Five would live through this, and Allison had taken your final happy memories together. "Please tell me you're joking."

"We're not," you said, striding forward and crossing your arms over your chest, staring up at her wrathfully. She scoffed and looked over at you, her eyes remaining blank and soulless. You didn't even recognize the person she'd become.

"Ungrateful b-"

"Just answer the question," Five interrupted in a demanding tone. Your jaw dropped as you looked at her, but her head whipped to face Five again. What the hell did you owe her?!

"You're out of your mind," she snapped, like Five was a small child.

He leaned forward insistently, his smirk changing to a focused expression. "You and Dad make a deal, now Luther is dead."

Allison chuckled in disbelief. "Okay. Luther was killed by whatever the hell that thing is." She gestured to the doorway, automatically causing your eyes to glance at the doorway. Empty.

"And Klaus?"

"He didn't make it into the tunnel," she said, her tone laced with disgust, like she was appalled at the very suggestion that she would hurt him.

"You know, your deal is costing people their lives," Five said, growing serious. "And if it affects E- anyone else... it might just cost yours."

Allison's eyes widened angrily as she looked down at him. "Do you really think that I made a deal with Dad to kill Luther and Klaus?" She spit the distasteful words out through grit teeth. She looked around at the three of you. You and Viktor glanced at the ground awkwardly, but Five just stared her down, unflinching. He'd always been good at confrontation. "I'm done. I'll meet you in the lobby." 

She stalked out of the room, and you watched her, frowning.

"Hey, hey... wait, no!" Viktor called, holding out a hand as though that would bring her back. "Wait... Five, Eight!" he said helplessly, before chasing after her. 

You looked between them, caught. "Let them go," he said, stepping forward and grabbing your wrist when you started to leave. "No, stay. We have to stick together." His expression was intense, and you sighed, giving in. 

"We shouldn't have let them go," you said anxiously, grabbing his hand and pulling him behind you. "Come on. We can catch up."

You walked outside, pulling him behind you, before jerking to a stop. He ran into you with a grunt, letting go of your hand and stepping next to you, frowning. "Where'd they go?" you asked, eyeing the solid wall in front of you. That was where they'd gone, right?

"Viktor? Allison?" Five called suspiciously, stepping forward and eyeing the potted plant in the corner. He turned back around, walking to the other end of the hallway and pushing at the paintings on the wall. When he turned back around, he had a hint of a smile on his face. "All right, so now the fun starts."

"You're joking," you said, shocked. You walked behind him, following him back into the room. "We just lost Viktor and Allison! We're supposed to be in groups! What if they're in trouble? Shit..." You pressed the palms of your hands to your forehead for a moment, before you heard him walking over, stopping just in front of you.

"(Y/N). Relax." He grabbed your wrists, pulling them away from your forehead and leaning down to look at you eye-to-eye, his forest-green eyes flicking between yours. "I've got this under control, okay? I know how this kind of thing works."

You hesitated, opening your mouth to say something, but he raised his eyebrows, silencing you. 

"Calm down. I won't let anything happen to you."

You frowned, shaking your head. "I'm not worried about... myself! I'm worried about-"

"Viktor and Allison, I know," he said, letting go of you and straightening back up, letting out an exasperated sigh. "Sometimes I wish you'd worry a little bit more about yourself, (Y/N)."

"I could say the same for you," you muttered, glaring at the floor.

Five looked at you with a scowl, before turning around. "Come on. We have to keep searching."

You pressed your lips together in frustration, watching him leave the room. You hesitated for a moment as the building began to shake slightly, the chandeliers overhead swinging. "What's going on?" you asked in confusion, following Five out of the room. "Five?"

The hallway was empty.