The End

The night of Luther and Sloane's Wedding

After Five's proposal

...

(Y/N) and Five pulled away from the kiss, both of them grinning like idiots. Five went in for another one, stumbling drunkenly and knocking them both to the floor. (Y/N) shrieked with laughter as a nearby basket tipped over, spilling small trinkets and objects around them. 

Five lay above (Y/N), his hands on either side of her head, looking down at her with adoration. She was still smiling, her hair fanned around her head like a halo as she reached for one of the things that had been knocked over. God, he loved her.

He had known it would end like this. Every single time. Viktor would nearly end the world. Five would save everyone with his time travel. But inevitably, no matter what, (Y/N) would be ripped from his arms. 

But not this time. This time, they would all go together. Five would get to hold her, love her, have her until it passed. And there would be something beyond, for all of them. There had to be.

"Look," (Y/N) said cheerfully, interrupting Five's pensive thoughts. She held up a vial of green nail polish. "It matches your eyes!"

A smile slowly formed on Five's face, and he rolled off of her, letting her sit up and lean against him. "I've never worn nail polish."

"First time for everything," she responded cheerfully, grabbing his hand and placing it flat on the ground. "Hold still."

Five watched her focused expression, her eyebrows pushed together, her eyes narrowed, her lip caught between her teeth as she ran the small brush over his nails. 

"All done," she announced cheerfully a few minutes later, looking up at him with a hopeful smile, her eyes tracing his face for any sort of affirmation. "Do you like them?"

Five held up his hands, pretending to frown. "Hmm... I don't know-"

(Y/N) swiped the brush at his face, swiping a green trail across his cheek as he laughed. 

"Not funny," she grumbled, tossing the nail polish away and pushing herself to her feet.

"Hey, no," Five said quickly, standing up and pulling her against him by the waist. "I love it. I'm just joking." He pressed his forehead against hers, smiling at the stubborn expression planted firmly on her face. 

"You better be," she grumbled. "It's my best work." She twined her fingers in his, holding up their hands, revealing the green paint smeared drunkenly across his cuticles and the pads of his fingers. (Y/N) giggled after a moment, shaking her head. "It looks terrible."

Five shook his head, cupping her face in his free hand and running his thumb across her cheek. "It looks perfect. Just like you."

"Drunk Five is my favorite," (Y/N) responded, pressing a kiss to the tip of his nose. She shivered slightly, the high-ceilinged kitchen suddenly feeling very drafty against her bare arms.

"Hey, here," he said quickly, shrugging off his blazer and wrapping it around (Y/N)'s shoulders. She looked up at him, her heart melting. When had he become this way? Gentle, sweet, loving? He had always been that way. He just hid it between his cold, sarcastic exterior. 

She slid her arms through the sleeves, and when she looked back up, Five was holding out the ring. "Wanna try it on?" he asked with a hopeful grin. 

(Y/N) held out a shaky hand, watching him slide on the slightly-too-big ring. "I love it," she whispered tearfully. "I love you."

Five stepped closer to her, winding his fingers through her hair and pressing his lips to hers. He tasted of fancy champagne and white wine. The night began to blur, and (Y/N) found herself collapsing on top of the buffet rack, her eyes drifting shut.

...

A/N: That's the last bonus chapter! Stick around for book four when the next season comes out! I'll post another chapter when I publish it.

Thank you everyone for sticking around until the end!