Intermission

"Why don't we meet back here in an hour?" Luther asked, and you nodded reluctantly.

"Agreed," Five said.

"Yeah, sure. Whatever." Confirmations echoed from all of your siblings as you stood up, stretching. Everyone dispersed quickly, but Diego made a point to walk over to you, raising an eyebrow.

"(Y/N), huh?"

"Yup," you mumbled, inspecting your fingernails and trying to seem like it didn't bother you that he knew. "I'm gonna kill Five."

Diego snorted, but it was humorless. "I'll bet."

And then he was gone, and you were left standing alone in the living room. 

Actually, no. When you turned around, Oliver was right there. "So. Yay or nay?"

"To what?" you asked, and Oliver raised an eyebrow at you.

"Don't pretend you don't know."

"I don't know yet," you lied, and he shook his head quickly, cutting you off.

"Yes, you do. You don't want to die," he said confidently. 

"Okay then, telepath," you said with a sigh, looking up at him finally. He was wrong - you were torn. If you just got it over with before the vote, none of your siblings would have to hurt. Would have to die. It was wrong to vote in favor of going through the portal. "What's your vote?"

He hesitated, his eyes trained on you, then shrugged. "What do we have to live for anymore?"

"Oh, I don't know," you said sarcastically, tilting your head. "Maybe our family?"

"Our?" he repeated, scoffing like the idea was ridiculous. "You mean your family. I don't care for them. And do you really think I care about mine?"

"You are part of our family now, whether you like it or not," you argued, frowning. "First of all, Reginald adopted all of us, and Luther is married to Sloane. Sure, maybe you don't care about Ben. But Sloane? I saw you two dancing last night. She's your sister, and you're just going to let her die? When she's finally happy?"

"You know nothing about my family," he snarled, narrowing his hauntingly familiar blonde eyes.

"I know everything about them," you said quietly, and he opened his mouth slightly, but no words came out. You turned and walked away, heading for the room you had shared with Viktor and Allison.

You weren't wrong. You knew his mother, uncle, and grandfather better than he ever would. And you knew Ben. Maybe not this one, but... 

You had known him. And that counted for something.

You bumped into Klaus and Ben in the hallway, looking up at them in surprise. Klaus raised an eyebrow and grabbed your wrist, a smile spreading across his face. You frowned in confusion before your eyes widened in surprise and you snatched your hand back.

"Whose ring is that, (Y/N)?! Are you hitched?! Oh my God!" He started jumping up and down, grabbing onto Ben's shoulders. Ben made a disgusted face and shoved him away, and he raced back over to you and pulled you into a tight hug, your feet dangling above the floor.

"K-Klaus!" You stuttered in surprise, patting at his back in an attempt to make him put you back down. "Hey! No! We're not!" He dropped you ungracefully, and you stumbled to regain your footing with an 'oomph'.

"What?" he asked sadly, the corners of his lips tilting down as he slumped. "Then why do you-"

"I don't know," you interrupted, looking down at the little scrappy circle around your ring finger. "I don't remember anything from last night, Klaus."