Part 9

I wake up to the sound of the door. Crap my alarm didnt go off and the family is here to open presents because that's what we do every year.
"Hey sweetheart you gunna come down with bread boy or is he giving you his present now." Haymitch shouted and laughed at his sick joke.
"HAYMITCH KIDS!" Peeta shouted from the bathroom.

I chucked a green jumper and a pair of leggings on and headed down.
"Merry christmas mummy." Penelope jumped up at me to pick her up.
We all sat down on the floor and couches to pass presents and open them. We went from youngest to oldest so Haymitch was waiting a long time.

Nellie got her first peice of jewlery from effie and kai got a watch. Bow and flyn got baby stuff and annie gave them the key to the small house around the back of annie and flyns house so him and bow have a place of their own when the babys born. Peeta got some new baking stuff. Haymitch gave me a book which I decided not to open since it had a tag that said "open without the kids". Johanna got some new axes for her axe throwing competitions. Peeta and I gave my mother a memory book. Haymitch gave effie a bracelet which was owned by his late mother and Haymitch got a new goose plus nellie gave Haymitch a drawing of them feeding the geese.

We all talked and the kids played with their new toys. Penelope seems to love bow because she played dolls with her for hours and bow was sat on the floor 7 months pregnant, I kept telling her that she doesnt have to play with her if she gets tired but bow insisted. Haymitch seemed nervous which is very unlike him. Very.

I had a chance to talk to him so I did "hey what's wrong?" I asked.
"Oh nothing sweetheart just ... nothing. I'm gunna go to he bathroom I'll talk to you later."
Somethings not right Haymitch is on of the most open people I know and i know that he is lying.

"DINNER" shouted Peeta from the dining room. We all practically ran to the table, after we all sat down we started to tuck into the turkey and stuffing with potatoes, peas, carrots, pigs in blankets, cabbage, beef, gammon and everything else that was on the table.
As we do every year we decided to go round he table and say our favourite part of the year peeta started.

"when we went on a holiday to 4."
Then me, "swimming in the sea with kai and nellie."
Johanna, "winning the axe throwing championships."
Nellie,"going to school"
Kai, "getting a new bedroom."
Flyn, "finding out about our baby" he said looking at bow, she smiled.
"Moving in with annie and flyn" she said.
Annie,"finding out I'm going to be a grandmother."
My mother,"getting my promotion."
Effie was about to talk when Haymitch said, "when effie moved in with me. That was one of the greatest days of my life and I never want you to leave so," haymitch got out of his chair and onto one knee."Effie Marie Trincket will you marry me." Effie had her hands over her mouth and said ...

************************************
Dont kill me please xxxx