Obstinate ♚·°

📌STORY:
I'm watching The Pilgrims Progress and one of the character's names is Obstinate. In the movie, it's actually the devil disguised as a regular man named Obstinate. He constantly tries to persuade the others not to do the right thing and uses all kinds of reasons and excuses to change their minds.

📌DEFINITION:
Obstinate means STUBBORNLY refusing to change one's opinion or chosen course of action, despite attempts to persuade one to do so.

So basically this means a person who tries to change other people's minds but doesn't change their own.

📌SYNONYMS:
Headstrong, unyielding, stubborn, perverse, stiff-necked

📌SCRIPTURE:
For REBELLION is as the SIN of WITCHCRAFT, And STUBBORNNESS is as INIQUITY and IDOLATRY.
(The rest of the scripture talks about by rejecting, rebelling, and being stubborn and thinking you're more right than God by being prideful), God will turn those who do this to a reprobate mind. Romans 1:28))
Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king."
1 Samuel 15:23

He who is often rebuked, and hardens his neck, Will suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
Proverbs 29:1

And the Lord God of their fathers sent warnings to them by His messengers, rising up early and sending them, because He had compassion on His people and on His dwelling place. But they mocked the messengers of God, despised His words, and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against His people, till there was no remedy.
2 Chronicles 36:15‭-‬16

💜💜See, God gives warnings and guidance because He loves us. If He didn't love us, He wouldn't show us the right way to live. But if we continuously choose to be unbelieving and stubborn, He won't wink at our ignorance. There ARE consequences behind our actions and choices!! And even after His correction, rebuke, and wrath, He's still loving!! 💜💜

°·♔ Jesus ♔·° °·♔ is ♔·° °·♔ Lord ♔·°

-Bee