Your God will be my God ♔·°

🌺

But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people will be my people, and your God, my God.

Ruth 1:16 AMP

~~~

After the death of both Naomi's husband and Naomi's sons (one of them being Ruth's husband), Ruth told Naomi [her mother-in-law] she would go wherever she goes, live wherever she lives, her people will be her people, and her God will be her God.

Naomi had 2 daughter-in-laws who married her 2 sons who had died. Naomi urged both of them to go back to their homeland (Moab) to find new husbands since they were still young.

One left and went home to get a husband and worship the gods of Moab (Chemosh) ← known for human sacrifices and is equivalent to the god Aries and the goddess Aphrodite/Venus/Astarte known for war and sex (lust)

Then Naomi said, “Look, your sister-in-law has gone back to her people and to her gods; turn back and follow your sister-in-law.”
Ruth 1:15 AMP

Ruth stayed with Naomi to show her love, trust, support, and loyalty and also worship YAHWEH who is the true God, not a god (As shown in the votd)

This shows how much of a bond they had as mother and daughter and she didn't want her to live alone without much support. In the land they moved to, Ruth took care of Naomi and Naomi helped Ruth get married and redeem the inheritance back to the bloodline.

♥️ This is the same bloodline that Jesus came through. Obed was Ruth's son with Boaz being the father, and Obed had Jesse who is the father of King David.

Jesus is known to be the "Root of David", fulfilling one of the prophecies. 👑

~Bee

P.S. Naomi and Ruth are NOT lesbians or queer, they're literally and lawfully in a mother and daughter relationship. They express their family relationship so clearly and it's honestly disrespectful to say they're in a romantic or sexual relationship. It's like saying you're romantically or sexually active with your mother or father.

°·♔ Jesus ♔·° °·♔ is ♔·° °·♔ Lord ♔·°

May 11, 2024