God's Love for Us ♔·°

💖 Beloved, if God so loved us [in this incredible way], we also ought to love one another.

1 John 4:11 AMP

How did God show us His love? 💗

~~~

I've noticed a lot of people tend to misunderstand God's love and what it really means. Many use it as an excuse to live how they want to live, some don't even believe Him, some use His love for selfish reasons and twist it, some don't understand that His love also means there's correction and a right way of living.

By this the love of God was displayed in us, in that God has sent His [One and] only begotten Son [the One who is truly unique, the only One of His kind] into the world so that we might live through Him.

1 John 4:9 AMP

God showed us His love by sending Jesus (Himself in flesh), perfect and pure without sin to take on our sins so that we can have the opportunity to believe Him and be redeemed back to Him. While we are imperfect, liars, blasphemers, immoral, God did this for us and took our punishment.

📌 Let's be honest, most of us have and/or hate God and really didn't/don't love Him. Or we believe some of what He says and don't believe the other part, we don't understand and are selfishly living how we want to live with no thought to God at all and what He wants.

Even as believers, we tend to forget to acknowledge God and we do things our way much more than we would like, which usually ends up in a lot of mess ups and self sabotage.

Our wrong choices do have consequences after all.

~~~

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation [that is, the atoning sacrifice, and the satisfying offering] for our sins [fulfilling God’s requirement for justice against sin and placating His wrath].

1 John 4:10 AMP

We have love reaching out to us, but because we're blinded by temporary pleasure and distracted, we are separated from God because of our choice to sin and not turn away from it to have faith and trust in Jesus. 💖

Love takes sacrificing one's own desires and isn't selfish. You see, God gave Himself for us and made us with the intention of living in His love forever. I'm still learning to love like God, but He definitely loves us much more than I can explain. I do my best though!

God is love 👑

~~~

If I'm being honest, I was so close to not posting today's votd, but I'm working on consistency (self discipline) and learning to sacrifice my own personal desires to spread the good news of Jesus. There's been a lot going on lately in my life (relatable, right?), but God loves us so much even in the midst. I HAD to share His goodness with you all. 😤

I'm just hoping this reaches someone because a lot of you definitely need to know that God loves you and wants you to love Him. He is worth it.

But He (Jesus) said, “On the contrary, blessed (happy, favored by God) are those who hear the word of God and continually observe it.”
(Jesus is the word, John 1:1-3,14)

Luke 11:28 AMP 🫡

Not all the time will we be happy with what's going on circumstantially, but knowing that God is still good and working on our behalf (to those who trust Him), His joy gives us strength to continue and be kept in our right mind.

~Bee

°·♔ Jesus ♔·° °·♔ is ♔·° °·♔ Lord ♔·°

May 6, 2024