Jesus is the Same Forever ♔·°

👑

Jesus Christ is [eternally changeless, always] the same yesterday and today and forever.

Hebrews 13:8 AMP

~~~

As mentioned in the verse of the day (votd), Jesus Christ is always the same regardless of the time. In truth, He is the Creator of time and is outside of it, but is still the same regardless.

In modern times, people view the Bible as either a book of fairy tales, a myth, or outdated. In this context, I'd like to point out that God (Jesus) is still the same in His character and who He is, His standards haven't changed.

A lot of people refer to the Old Testament and get really critical when it comes to that, but the basic way to explain that is, we are now in a covenant of grace and we can encounter God's promises to the fullness through Jesus Christ.

📍 We don't have to do all of the rituals and ceremonial traditions in the Old Testament anymore, Jesus already fulfilled that. He didn't take the moral law (10 commandments) away, but He did fulfill the entire law. Fulfill here means to cause God's law to be obeyed as it should be and as mentioned above, God's promises to receive fulfillment.

Through Him, we're able to keep and obey the law through faith in Him.

~~~

📌 Look up the 10 commandments and read them, if you're guilty of breaking one, you're guilty of breaking them all. But there's hope in Jesus who is the same forever. As He himself says in John 8:58 "Before Abraham was born, I AM." (meaning, I'm the Lord, Yahweh, the True God)

📌 2 Corinthians 1:19 mentions how the gospel preached is true and unlike the yes and no self serving practices like the world. But that God (Jesus) is faithful and has proved Himself to be "Yes" (true and faithful, affirming God's promises)

I encourage everyone here reading this to seek Jesus even more despite what others say: "The Bible is outdated, you're so old fashioned." I can't emphasize enough how much God actually cares about us and how we live.

~Bee

°·♔ Jesus ♔·° °·♔ is ♔·° °·♔ Lord ♔·°

May 9, 2024