buttercup

The timer on the teacher's desk made a small dinging noise, alerting all the students in the detention room. Naruto's head shot up and he flinched, slowly lowering his arm to his backpack next to his desk.

The detention teacher rose from his chair and cleared his throat. After two hours of complete silence, his voice came out coarse and irritated. "Okay, that concludes today's detention. You are all dismissed."

All at once, a few tattooed students left their chairs and exited out of the wooden doors. While a few stragglers were still packing up their belongings, Naruto was approached by the detention teacher. The teacher's hands were folded behind his back and his glasses were squeezing the sides of his face.

"Naruko. I never expected to see you here." He licked his lips. "Getting into trouble is not your style."

Naruto kept his eyes on the intricate patterns of his desk. The statement left him ashamed but that wasn't the reason he refused to keep eye contact.

"It was... n-no big deal. I just talked during class too much," he explained.

The teacher leaned down on Naruto's desk to hear the blond's mumbling voice better. Naruko straightened like a ruler and sweat rolled down his whiskered cheek.

"Mmm. That's a shame. I thought you were better than that, Naruko." His rough voice made Naruto uncomfortable. "I hope I don't have to see you here again."

"O-Of course. Never again," Naruto stammered.

A veiny hand propped itself on Naruto's shoulder, willing the blond to look up into the teacher's tired gray eyes.

"Or else..." the teacher continued monologuing, "The detention room won't be the place you're sent to."

Naruto grimaced and shook with disgust as the hand crept up his shoulder, grazing over his collarbone. He was petrified, unmoving. Before the calloused palm could cup his face, the detention room door opened. The teacher quickly retracted from the blond and pat down his polo shirt. He stared at the person who entered the room with a snarl.

The raven, previously watching from outside, gripped the doorknob tightly. Without hesitation, he thought up a lie to tell the teacher.

"Oh, is this not the chess clubroom?" Sasuke questioned.

The teacher huffed. "No. It's the detention room. Who are you?"

"Sasuke Uchiha." Sasuke flicked his eyes towards to meek blond.

Naruto caught on to what Sasuke was doing and swiftly slid off his chair. He grabbed his bag and threw it over his shoulder with haste.

"Sasuke Uchiha? Guy Sensei told me about you. You're new to this school, correct?"

Sasuke stalled for more time as Naruto raced out the door. "Yup..."

The teacher crosses his arms. "You're already starting trouble in his class, I heard. I hope I don't have to see you here either."

"The feeling's mutual." Sasuke backed away from the room and joined Naruto outside the door. They walked down the long hallway together in complete silence. Naruto gripped his backpack straps tightly and refused to look up at the raven.

"So," Sasuke began, "the detention teacher is a pedophile."

"Uhh, well..." Naruto's voice shook. "I'm eighteen, so technically—"

"But you knew that he was, right?" Sasuke pressed on.

The blond swallowed. "Yes. Everyone knows."

"Why did you go then? Why did you take the blame for me?"